Arnold & Porter LLP is an Am Law 100 firm focusing on the intersection of business, law, and public policy. We have more than 800 lawyers working in eight offices across the US and Europe: Brussels, Denver, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC.
The firm is known for:
- Excellence of work in complex and challenging matters
- More than 75 attorneys who have held senior positions in US and European governments and international organizations
- Ability to team effectively with clients and other outside counsel and advisers
- Broad reach across geographic, commercial, cultural, and ideological borders
- Interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to assist clients with their international business needs
Chosen as outside counsel by 13 of the FORTUNE 25 companies, 140 of the FORTUNE 500 companies, and more than 2,500 other companies of all sizes
Our Practice areas span a broad range of legal experience, allowing us to serve our clients when and where they need us. For a full list, click here.
- FORTUNE Magazine named Arnold & Porter one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" (2003-2010, 2013)
- Corporate Board Member magazine named Arnold & Porter a Top 25 Corporate Law Firm in 2013
- VAULT Guide's "Top 100 Law Firms" (2004-2014)
- The American Lawyer's "A-List" -- seven years
- Global Competition Review ranked Arnold & Porter No. 4 on its "GCR Global Elite" 2013 list
- Partners named to the Daily Journal's 2012 "Top Intellectual Property Lawyers" and "Top Women Lawyers" lists
- Chambers Latin America 2013 named Arnold & Porter a leading law firm
- Chambers USA 2013 ranks 85 attorneys "Leading Individuals" in 39 practice areas
- Chambers Global 2013 ranked 37 Arnold & Porter Attorneys "Leading Individuals" in 18 practice areas and in the No. 1 bands for Competition/Antitrust, and Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright and Trade Secrets
- Chambers UK 2012 ranked Arnold & Porter as a leading firm in nine practice areas
- Named to Law 360's "Practice Groups of the Year" in Environmental and Government Contracts in 2013
- National Law Journal's 2013 Appellate Hot List
- National Law Journal's 2013 Intellectual Property Hot List
- The Legal 500 US 2012 ranked Arnold & Porter as a leading firm in 14 areas
- The Best Lawyers in America 2012 named 74 Arnold & Porter lawyers to its list in 41 practice areas
- Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors "Law Firm of the Year" 2012
- On Being a Black Lawyer named an Arnold & Porter partner one of the nation's 100 most influential black lawyers in 2012
- Arnold & Porter's London office ranked in the 2012 Diversity League Table for percentage of minority and female lawyers
- Ranked on the 2014 "Corporate Equality Index" by the Human Rights Campaign (2007-2014)
- The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity named an Arnold & Porter partner a 2012 Fellow
- MultiCultural Law Magazine "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" 2011
- The National Law Journal named an Arnold & Porter lawyer to its "Minority 40 Under 40" list in 2011
- Recipient of Minority Corporate Counsel Association's "Thomas L. Sager Award" (1999-2000, 2002-2005, 2008)
Arnold & Porter has innovative programs to support the success of our women attorneys. Our affinity group,
Women Lawyers at Arnold & Porter, promotes the advancement and retention of women attorneys at the firm.
- Yale Law Women's "Top 10 Family Friendly Law Firms" (2007-2013)
- Arnold & Porter partner named to Women, Inspiration & Enterprise's WIE 50, a list of influential women in the UK, 2012
- Working Mother magazine's "100 Best Companies" (1996-1997, 2001-2002, 2004-2012)
- Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption's "100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces" (2007-2008, 2010-2012)
Arnold & Porter has one of the world's leading law firm pro bono programs. Our commitment to public service
and pro bono has been a core value since the firm's founding in 1946.
- Arnold & Porter attorneys performed 93,714 hours of pro bono work in 2012
- Arnold & Porter named to The National Law Journal's 2013 Pro Bono Hot List
- Washington Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy, #1 on the list of Law Firms with the Most Pro Bono Hours
- CASA de Maryland Justice Award
- Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs "Outstanding Achievement in the field of Immigrant and Refugee Rights"
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington recognition for exemplary service
- Western Center on Law & Poverty
- Law 360's "Pro Bono Firms of 2013"
- American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project's Exceptional Service Award 2011
- The Washington Lawyers' Committee "Outstanding Achievement Award" (2010-2011)
- Washington Council of Lawyers "Lifetime Contribution Award" 2011
- The Foundation for Criminal Justice "Certificate of Honor" 2011
- The National Law Journal named an Arnold & Porter lawyer to its 2010 "Champions & Visionaries" list for pro bono work
For a printable version of the Firm Fact Sheet, please click here.