Arnold & Porter LLP is an Am Law 100 firm focusing on the intersection of business, law, and public policy. We have nearly 800 lawyers working in nine offices across the US and Europe: Brussels, Denver, Houston, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. (For a printable version of the Firm Fact Sheet, please click here.)
The firm is known for:
- Excellence of work in complex and challenging matters
- More than 75 attorneys who have held senior positions in US and European governments and international organizations
- Ability to team effectively with clients and other outside counsel and advisers
- Broad reach across geographic, commercial, cultural, and ideological borders
- Interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to assist clients with their international business needs
Chosen as outside counsel by 10 of the FORTUNE 25 companies, 43 of the FORTUNE 100 companies, and more than 2,500 other companies of all sizes
Our Practice areas span a broad range of legal experience, allowing us to serve our clients when and where they need us. For a full list, click here.
- FORTUNE Magazine named Arnold & Porter one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" (2003-2010, 2013-2015)
- Corporate Board Member magazine named Arnold & Porter a Top 25 Corporate Law Firm in 2014
- VAULT Guide's "Top 100 Law Firms" (2004-2015)
- The American Lawyer's "A-List" -- seven years
- Global Competition Review ranked Arnold & Porter on its "GCR Global Elite" 2015 list
- Partners named to the Daily Journal's 2015 "Top Women Lawyers," "Top Intellectual Property Lawyers" and 2014 "Top Labor & Employment Lawyers" lists
- Chambers Latin America 2015 named Arnold & Porter a leading law firm
- Chambers USA 2015 ranked 89 attorneys "Leading Individuals" and 40 practice areas
- Chambers Global 2015 ranked 27 Arnold & Porter attorneys "Leading Individuals" and ranked 18 practice areas including No. 1 bands for Life Sciences (Europe-wide and Global-wide)
- Chambers UK 2014 ranked Arnold & Porter as a leading firm in eight practice areas
- Named to Law 360's "Practice Groups of the Year" for Government Contracts in 2012 and 2013
- National Law Journal's 2014 Appellate Hot List
- National Law Journal's 2013 Intellectual Property Hot List
- The Legal 500 US 2015 ranked Arnold & Porter as a leading firm in 30 areas
- The Best Lawyers in America 2015 named 79 Arnold & Porter lawyers to its list in 46 practice areas
- Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors "Law Firm of the Year" 2012
- Lawyers of Color named an Arnold & Porter partner to its "Hot List" list in 2014
- Arnold & Porter attorneys named to the National LGBT Bar Association’s “40 Best LGBT Lawyers Under 40” in 2011, 2014, and 2015
- Ranked on the 2014 "Corporate Equality Index" by the Human Rights Campaign (2006, 2008-2015)
- On Being a Black Lawyer named an Arnold & Porter partner one of the nation's 100 most influential black lawyers in 2012
- Arnold & Porter's London office ranked in the 2012 Diversity League Table for percentage of minority and female lawyers
- The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity named an Arnold & Porter partner a 2012 Fellow
- MultiCultural Law Magazine "Top 100 Law Firms for Diversity" 2011
- The National Law Journal named an Arnold & Porter lawyer to its "Minority 40 Under 40" list in 2011
- Recipient of Minority Corporate Counsel Association's "Thomas L. Sager Award" (1999-2000, 2002-2005, 2008)
Arnold & Porter has innovative programs to support the success of our women attorneys. Our affinity group,
Women Lawyers at Arnold & Porter, promotes the advancement and retention of women attorneys at the firm.
- Yale Law Women's "Top 10 Family Friendly Law Firms" (2006-2015)
- Arnold & Porter partner named to Women, Inspiration & Enterprise's WIE 50, a list of influential women in the UK, 2012
- Working Mother magazine's "100 Best Companies" (1996-1997, 2001-2002, 2004-2014)
- Dave Thomas Foundation For Adoption's "100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces" (2007-2008, 2010-2014)
Arnold & Porter has one of the world's leading law firm pro bono programs. Our commitment to public service
and pro bono has been a core value since the firm's founding in 1946.
- Arnold & Porter attorneys performed 105,996 hours of pro bono work in 2013
- Arnold & Porter named to The National Law Journal's 2014 Pro Bono Hot List
- Tahirih Justice Center's 2013 "Washington, DC Area Firm of the Year"
- Washington Business Journal Corporate Philanthropy, #1 on the list of Law Firms with the Most Pro Bono Hours
- CASA de Maryland Justice Award
- Washington Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights and Urban Affairs "Outstanding Achievement in the field of Immigrant and Refugee Rights"
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington recognition for exemplary service
- Western Center on Law & Poverty
- Law360's "Pro Bono Firms of 2014"
- American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project's Exceptional Service Award 2011
- The Washington Lawyers' Committee "Outstanding Achievement Award" (2010-2011)
- Washington Council of Lawyers "Lifetime Contribution Award" 2011
- The Foundation for Criminal Justice "Certificate of Honor" 2011
- The National Law Journal named an Arnold & Porter lawyer to its 2010 "Champions & Visionaries" list for pro bono work
For a printable version of the Firm Fact Sheet, please click here.