Our Antitrust/Competition practice is recognized worldwide for its breadth, depth, and excellence.
- Over 80 attorneys in our US and European offices handle complex and critical antitrust/competition matters.
- Our experience covers the full range of US and EU antitrust and trade regulation matters, such as pricing, mergers, distribution, advertising, intellectual property, dominance and abusive conduct, cartel, and state aids (both at the EU and Member State levels).
- Success requires close coordination. We frequently represent companies facing multijurisdictional merger, cartel, or abuse of dominance/monopolization investigations. Where appropriate, we involve attorneys from other practice groups for a multidisciplinary approach to client challenges.
- Our experience spans virtually all sectors, including biotechnology, chemicals, energy, information technology, consumer goods and services, financial services, media, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, healthcare, and telecommunications.
Third-party organizations repeatedly recognize the quality of our Antitrust practice:
- Global Competition Review's "GCR Global Elite" 2012 ranked our practice as fourth worldwide.
- Chambers USA 2012 ranked our practice as one of the top in the nation.
- The head of our US antitrust practice was named by Global Competition Review as Lawyer of the Year based on a vote of her peers.
Our deep understanding of the antitrust agencies and our frequent dealings with them give us both valuable insight and credibility. Our team includes lawyers who have held significant senior government positions in Europe and the US, including Assistant Director of the FTC's Bureau of Competition, Deputy Assistant Attorney General and Chief of the Communications and Finance Section at the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and Head of the Food and Pharmaceuticals and Financial Services Units in the European Commission's Competition Directorate General. Chambers and Partners quoted a client as saying, "This practice is in a league of its own: We particularly value its relationships with the regulatory agencies and have found it particularly reasonable and flexible with regard to its fees."
Click here to see a representative list of our Antitrust/Competition experience.
THE LATEST IN ANTITRUST:
Advisory: Bowman v. Monsanto: Unanimous Narrow Ruling Leaves Open Questions With Respect To Other Self-Reporting Technology and the Conditional Sale Doctrine
News: New York Antitrust and Litigation Lawyer C. Scott Lent Joins Arnold & Porter LLP
Court Filing: Arnold & Porter filed amicus briefs in two matters before the Supreme Court: one on behalf of leading economists in Bowman v. Monsanto and the other on behalf of the Intellectual Property Owners Association in FTC v. Actavis, Inc.
Webinar: US and EU Cartel Investigations - Search Warrants & Dawn Raids: Before, During and After
Recognition: Arnold & Porter's Antitrust Practice Receives Chambers USA Award for Excellence
Blog: Visit our Consumer Advertising Law Blog for insights and recent developments regarding consumer protection issues.