Our Antitrust/Competition practice is recognized worldwide for its breadth, depth, and excellence.
- Over 90 attorneys in our US and European offices handle complex and critical antitrust/competition matters.
- Our experience covers the full range of US and EU antitrust issues, such as mergers, pricing, distribution, intellectual property, dominance and abusive conduct, cartel, and state aids (both at the EU and Member State levels).
- Because our antitrust practice regularly handles the full range of antitrust matters (including mergers, civil investigations, criminal/cartel investigations, class action antitrust litigation, and counseling/compliance programs), our clients benefits from the multiple perspectives we bring to our engagements.
- Our team includes lawyers who have held significant senior government positions in Europe and the US, including the former Deputy Director in the Bureau of Competition at the Federal Trade Commission, Assistant Director of the FTC's Bureau of Competition and Chief of the Communications and Finance Section at the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, and Head of the Food and Pharmaceuticals and Financial Services Units in the European Commission's Competition Directorate General.
- Our deep understanding of the antitrust agencies and our frequent dealings with them give our antitrust attorneys both valuable insight and credibility.
- We frequently represent companies facing multijurisdictional merger, cartel, or abuse of dominance/monopolization investigations. Where appropriate, we involve attorneys from other practice groups for a multidisciplinary approach to client challenges.
- Our experience spans virtually all sectors, including biotechnology, chemicals, energy, information technology, consumer goods and services, financial services, media, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, healthcare, and telecommunications.
- Third-party organizations repeatedly recognize the quality of our Antitrust practice, including Global Competition Review (we are currently one the publication's "GCR Global Elite" for 2015), Chambers, The Legal 500, US News & World Report/Best Lawyers, and The Vault Guide.