Keri Arnold is a trial attorney who has extensive experience defending product liability and mass tort cases. She has served as trial counsel in numerous individual product liability cases for major pharmaceutical and tobacco companies in both state and federal court Ms. Arnold also has extensive experience dealing with complex medical and scientific issues. She has taken the depositions of hundreds of expert and treating physicians and has prepared and presented prominent physicians in a number of specialties for testimony in federal and state court trials. Currently, Ms. Arnold is representing a leading tobacco company in connection with thousands of personal injury cases filed in Florida following the aftermath of the decertification of a class action. Ms. Arnold played a leading role in the management and discovery of the first group of these cases set for trial in federal court and the reduction of the federal court docket from several thousand to just a few hundred cases through motions practice and aggressive discovery strategies.
Ms. Arnold is also currently representing a major oil company in a mass action filed by gas station and convenience store franchisees asserting claims regarding wholesale gasoline pricing and third-party vendor selection.
Litigation Representative Matters
- Major tobacco company as trial counsel in Berger v. Philip Morris USA (U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, September 2014), an individual consumer products personal injury case.
- Major tobacco company as trial counsel in Naugle v. Philip Morris USA et al. (Florida Circuit Court of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, October 2013), an individual consumer products personal injury damages-only retrial.
- Major tobacco company as trial counsel in Dombey v. Philip Morris USA et al. (Florida Circuit Court of the Seventeenth Judicial Circuit, August 2012), an individual consumer products wrongful death case.
- Major tobacco company as trial counsel in Lock, et al. v. Philip Morris USA et al. (Florida Circuit Court of the Sixth Judicial Circuit, October 2012), an individual consumer products personal injury case.
- Major pharmaceutical company as trial counsel in Daniel, et al. v.Wyeth (Phila. Cty. Ct. Com. Pleas, January 2007), an individual product liability case involving hormone therapy.
- Major pharmaceutical company in discovery concerning the litigation-driven medical screenings in the diet drug (fen-phen) litigation.
Keri L. Arnold
and Renée Tyndell Beaver
"Using Plaintiff's Bankruptcy in a Product Liability Action
" Product Liability Law360, also ran in Bankruptcy Law360,
July 13, 2012
Keri L. Arnold
"Preparing to Defend Cases in High-Risk Jurisdictions
" 15th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Conference (ACI), New York, NY, December 7-9, 2010
Keri L. Arnold
"Defining In-House and Outside Counsel's Role in Expert Witness Development
" 13th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Conference, American Conference Institute (ACI), New York, NY, December 9-11, 2008