Corporate and Securities
Andrew Varner is a partner in the corporate and securities practice group in the Washington, DC office. He represents private equity funds and corporate clients in mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance and securities matters.
Mr. Varner has advised clients on a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions transactions, including mergers, stock and asset purchases and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, tender offers, and joint ventures. His experience has included both domestic and cross-border transactions and has spanned a variety of industries, including financial services, technology, entertainment and media, real estate, and consumer products.
Mr. Varner's corporate finance and securities experience includes private and public equity offerings, venture capital financings and corporate restructurings. He also advises on corporate governance, Securities and Exchange Commission compliance matters, and securities disclosure issues.
Corporate and Securities Representative Matters
- Buyout fund and its portfolio companies in leveraged buyouts in the precision aerospace component business and the confectionery business and in divestitures of companies in various industries, including bottled gas, industrial networking equipment and surface analysis and materials characterization services
- Car sharing business in change of control transaction
- Public sporting goods company in US$360 million sale by tender offer to another public sporting goods company
- One of the largest corporations in the United States in formation of a US$600 million joint venture with large Japanese industrial company
- National hospital company in US$1.125 billion acquisition of nonprofit hospital system
- Growth equity fund in investments in public and private companies in technology, media, healthy living, real estate, and other industries
- Technology-based payments company in its US$300 million sale to diversified global financial services company
- Buyout fund in leveraged buyouts of a commercial drying machine manufacturer, a supplier of products and services for the building component industry, and a plastic bottle manufacturer
- Buyout fund in leveraged buyout of an asphalt sales and distribution company
The Legal 500 US 2011 for M&A
Washington Business Journal’s “Top Washington Lawyers” Young Guns for 2007