Corporate and Securities
Aron Estaver is an associate in Arnold & Porter LLP’s corporate and securities group in New York. His practice focuses on private investment funds and he represents fund managers in all aspects of their business and operations. Mr. Estaver has related experience advising clients in connection with the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the National Futures Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, state “blue sky”securities regulators, and with other regulatory, registration and compliance matters applicable to investment advisers, commodity pool operators, and commodity trading advisors. He has particular experience in the formation, structuring and governance of hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment vehicles.
Mr. Estaver also has experience advising clients in connection with a broad range of general corporate and transactional matters, including joint venture arrangements, loan servicing agreements, nondisclosure agreements, asset transfers and sales, and compliance with periodic SEC reporting requirements.
Mr. Estaver’s pro bono practice includes assisting in the formation and closing of a hybrid equity and debt-funded private equity fund managed by a non-profit firm, which targets investments in "high impact" businesses in emerging markets in Asia, Africa and Latin America, and assisting in the preparation of a report on behalf of a subgroup of the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative examining whether asset managers could integrate environmental, social, and corporate governance factors into their investment strategy without violating their fiduciary duties to their investors.
Mr. Estaver graduated from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2005, where he served as a professional authorities editor of the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. He received a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude from Brandeis University in 2002 with a major in politics.
Corporate and Securities Representative Matters
- Establishment of various U.S. and non-U.S. hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools, and funds of funds (hedge, private equity and real estate).
- Negotiation of managed account relationships and sub-advisory agreements on behalf of a large investment manager with major investment banks and institutional asset managers.
- Review and analysis of hedge fund, private equity fund, venture capital fund, and real estate fund terms on behalf of institutional and fund of fund investors.
- Assisted in joint venture arrangements between private US hedge fund management firms.
- Represented the Trustees of the AIG Credit Facility Trust in a wide range of corporate governance, transactional, and regulatory matters.