Corporate and Securities
Aron Estaver's practice focuses on investment management and private investment funds and he represents fund managers in all aspects of their business and operations. Mr. Estaver has experience advising clients in connection with the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the National Futures Association, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, state "blue sky" securities regulators, and with other regulatory, registration and compliance matters applicable to investment advisers, commodity pool operators, and commodity trading advisors. He has particular experience in the formation, structuring and governance of hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative investment vehicles.
Mr. Estaver also has experience advising clients in connection with a broad range of general corporate and transactional matters, including joint venture arrangements, loan servicing agreements, nondisclosure agreements, asset transfers and sales, and compliance with periodic SEC reporting requirements.
Corporate and Securities Representative Matters
- Establishment of various US and non-US hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools, and funds-of-funds (hedge, private equity, real estate and real assets).
- Negotiation of managed account relationships, sub-advisory agreements and "funds of one" on behalf of investment managers with or for major investment banks and institutional asset managers.
- Review and analysis of hedge fund, private equity fund, venture capital fund, and real estate fund terms and documents on behalf of institutional and fund-of-fund investors.
- Conversion of Delaware limited partnerships into Delaware limited liability companies and implementation of Volcker Rule-compliant management structures in connection with the acquisition by a bank of various investment management businesses.
- Joint venture arrangements between private US hedge fund management firms.
- Acquisition of a private US hedge fund management firm's business (and funds) by another private US hedge fund management firm, including negotiation of post-closing employment agreements
- Represented the Trustees of the AIG Credit Facility Trust in a wide range of corporate governance, transactional, and regulatory matters.
- Formation and closing of a hybrid equity and debt-funded private equity fund managed by a non-profit firm, which targets investments in "high impact" businesses in emerging markets in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Preparation of a report on behalf of a subgroup of the United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative examining whether asset managers could integrate environmental, social, and corporate governance factors into their investment strategy without violating their fiduciary duties to their investors.