Corporate and Securities
Robert Holton is a partner in the Corporate and Securities group, and has experience in a broad variety of corporate transactional, securities, and other matters. He focuses his practice on the formation of hedge funds, private equity funds, funds of funds, separately managed accounts, and other alternative investment vehicles, and related regulatory advice.
Corporate and Securities Representative Matters
Alternative Investment Funds
- Establishment of various US and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, commodity pools and funds of funds.
- Negotiation of various separately managed accounts, including UCITS III-compliant platforms, both on behalf of investment managers and asset allocators.
- Review of private equity, venture capital, real estate and distressed debt fund terms on behalf of institutional investors.
- Negotiation of side letters between fund managers and institutional investors, including hedge fund platforms, both on behalf of managers/general partners and investors/limited partners.
- Establishment of various fund-linked derivatives and credit facilities for funds of hedge funds.
- General corporate structuring and advice for fund managers.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acquisition by UK-based public financial services company of two private US fund-of-funds management firms.
- Sales of majority interests in private US hedge fund management firms.
- Pooling of equity financing for management buy-out of global hedge fund administrator.
- Establishment of various US and offshore hedge funds, commodity pools and funds of funds
- Negotiation of various managed account relationships, both on behalf of asset allocators and on behalf of traders
- Establishment of various fund-linked derivatives and credit facilities totaling over US$150 million for funds of funds
- Acquisition by UK-based public financial services company of two private US fund-of-funds management firms
- Equity financing for management buy-out of global hedge fund administrator
- Sales of majority interests in private US hedge fund management firms
Entertainment and Media
- Sale of intellectual property rights in certain well-known children's television characters for US$180 million
- Acquisition of private US film and television producer for approximately US$680 million
- Sale of minority interest in US public owner/operator of cable television channels for US$103 million
- Sale of UK video game and software developer for approximately US$85 million
- Asset sale of the leading US collector-car magazine for an undisclosed price
- Acquisition by European aerospace company of private US aerospace company for US$60 million
- US counsel in connection with the sale of a biotechnology company with operations in the UK and the US for £6.5 million
- Counsel to private wholesale auto auction and dealer financing business with operations in Canada and the US in connection with a US$43 million senior secured syndicated credit facility and senior subordinated notes in an aggregate principal amount of US$20 million