Corporate and Securities
Robert Holton has experience in a broad variety of corporate transactional, securities, and other matters. He focuses his practice on the formation of hedge funds, private equity funds, funds of funds, separately managed accounts, and other alternative investment vehicles, and related advice on regulatory and transactional matters. He is a co-leader of the Firm's Investment Management Practice.
Corporate and Securities Representative Matters
- Large hedge fund manager (over US$25 billion AUM) in the formation or establishment of over various US and non-US hedge funds, funds of one, and managed accounts utilizing a variety of investment strategies.
- Large hedge fund manager in the establishment of advisory and subadvisory relationships with US registered funds and UCITS III-compliant umbrella funds.
- Large hedge fund manager in the formation of European distressed credit funds (over US$1.2 billion in aggregate commitments).
- Leading multifamily office in the formation of various private equity, venture capital and real estate funds of funds, and a hybrid real asset fund (over US$1.4 billion in aggregate commitments).
- Multifamily and single family offices in the review and negotiation of investments in over 100 private equity, venture capital, and real estate funds.
- Various US and non-US hedge and private equity fund managers in relation to registration with the SEC as investment advisers and filing as exempt reporting advisers.
- Various hedge fund managers in relation to US and UK position reporting obligations.
- Distressed debt fund manager in the establishment of US and international distribution arrangements.
- Leading private bank in the acquisition of a fund of hedge funds platform.
- Leading private bank in the formation of feeder fund vehicles for wealth management clients.
- Investment manager in the formation of an African impact investment fund.