Tatum Ackler is a registered lobbyist in Sacramento where she assists the firm's clients in the development and implementation of legislative and regulatory strategies on a broad range of policy issues.
Ms. Ackler brings eight years of California political and public policy experience. Most recently, she served as Legislative Director to Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Silicon Valley), Founding Member and Co-Chair of the California Legislative Technology and Innovation Caucus, where she was responsible for managing his broad legislative agenda, including staffing legislation related to the extension of fuel cell net energy metering, increased access to patient care, and single use food service packaging. Prior to working for Assemblymember Low, Ms. Ackler was Deputy Legislative Director to Assemblymember Das Williams (D - Santa Barbara) and served as the staff liaison to the Assembly Natural Resources Committee. During her time in the Legislature, Ms. Ackler worked on an array of policy areas including natural resources, energy, communications and conveyance, housing, health care and higher education.
Along with her state service, Ms. Ackler also brings campaign experience, having worked on campaigns for several candidates running for California State Assembly. Her political work has helped candidates across California achieve victory on Election Day.
Ms. Ackler received her Bachelor's degree in Government and a minor in Communications from California State University, Sacramento.
- March For Our Lives Action Fund, a student-driven gun violence prevention group created in the aftermath of the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida, in advancing the organization's "Peace Plan for a Safer America" before the California State Legislature.
- Pharmavite, a large dietary supplement company, in advancing the company's legislative agenda before the California State Legislature on issues related industrial hemp products, consumer product packaging, and privacy.
- Procter & Gamble, a Fortune 100 consumer goods corporation, in advancing the company's legislative agenda before the California State Legislature, including consumer product, environmental, privacy and other policy issues.
- Vulcan Materials Company, the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates, in advancing the company's legislative agenda before the California State Legislature and various regulatory agencies regarding environmental, water, and transportation issues
- A.O. Smith Corporation, one of the world's leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, in advancing the company's policy agenda before the California Legislature, the California Energy Commission, and the California State Water Resources Control Board, regarding building electrification and water quality issues.
- Southern California Public Power Authority, a joint powers agency providing electricity to over two million customers in Southern California, in advancing its legislative agenda on energy issues before the California Legislature.
- Large multifamily real estate development company to help expedite the approval of various plans and permits before the California Department of Toxic Substances Control to ensure the timely construction of a 500 apartment unit infill development project in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- BA, Government, California State University, Sacramento, 2010
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
- Legislative Director, Office of Assemblymember Evan Low (D - Silicon Valley)
- Deputy Legislative Director, Office of Assemblymember Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara)