Paul Q. Andrews represents corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in a broad range of complex commercial suits concerning securities and financial transactions and antitrust litigation.
He is a member of the firm's recruiting committee, and is active in the firm's pro bono practice. In 2017, Mr. Andrews received the New York State Bar Association's President's Pro Bono Service award in the "Young Lawyer" category. Mr. Andrews was honored for his work co-chairing the Firm's Transgender Name Change Project, which assists low-income transgender clients in obtaining legal name changes, as well as for his work towards a successful resolution of the Prinzivalli litigation. Mr. Andrews drafted the briefs and argued the motion that led the New York Supreme Court to hold, in May 2016, that the issuance and amendment of a birth certificate constituted a public accommodation under NYC's Human Rights Law. The Prinzivalli litigation was a catalyst for the City's change in rules governing the amendment of gender markers on birth certificates.
Mr. Andrews received his JD, cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law. He graduated from the University of Maryland's Joint Bachelor's Master's (BA/MPP) Program in Public Policy, with a specialization in international security and economic policy. At Maryland, Mr. Andrews was a member of the men's lacrosse team, a four-time ACC Academic Honor Roll honoree, and named to the 2007 All-ACC Lacrosse Academic Team.
- Private equity fund in connection with several federal class actions and related state actions alleging violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and certain state antitrust and unfair trade practice laws.
- Former officer and director of AIG in a Martin Act action by the New York State Attorney General.
- Brand name pharmaceutical manufacturer in defense of several federal and state class actions alleging that the manufacturer conspired with a potential generic entrant to delay or block generic entry in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and certain state antitrust, unfair trade practices and related laws.
- Private equity fund in connection with an SEC investigation of a portfolio company.
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, 2013, cum laude
- MA, Public Policy, University of Maryland, 2007
- BA, Government and Politics, University of Maryland
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York