Amanda Antons focuses her practice on patent litigation, specifically in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including ANDA litigation, patent interference and post-grant proceedings, and trade secret litigation matters. She has significant research experience and knowledge in the biotechnology and the life sciences industries. Her practice has involved a wide variety of technologies, including small-molecule therapeutics, biologics, CRISPR technology, and DNA sequencing.
Dr. Antons also has experience counseling clients regarding patent portfolio evaluations including conducting diligences regarding validity of patents and the freedom to operate new technologies.
- Pharmaceutical company in district court and inter partes review proceedings involving a monoclonal antibody treatment for certain melanomas and lung cancers.
- Pharmaceutical company in district court litigation involving a recombinant insulin treatment for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Animal health company in world-wide litigation and interference proceedings before the USPTO involving a treatment for and prevention of flea and tick infestations in pets.
- Pharmaceutical company in district court and inter partes review proceedings involving a lipopeptide treatment for complicated skin and skin structure infections.
- Pharmaceutical company in district court litigation involving a treatment for the control of serum phosphorus levels in chronic kidney disease patients.
- Pharmaceutical company in district court litigation involving erythropoietin for the treatment of anemia.
- JD, DePaul University College of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- PhD, Microbiology & Immunology, Vanderbilt University
- BS, Iowa State University
- US Patent and Trademark Office