Heather Ashour represents public and private companies, investors, and underwriters in a wide variety of corporate and financial transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and public and private offerings of debt and equity securities. Ms. Ashour also provides ongoing advice to clients regarding corporate governance and general corporate and securities matters. As part of her corporate governance practice, she advises public companies on compliance and governance matters arising out of federal securities laws, state corporate law, and stock exchange regulations. Ms. Ashour has particular experience with clients engaged in the energy industry, including oil and gas exploration and production, midstream, oilfield services, and related sectors.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Ashour worked in the Houston office of another international law firm.
- CuriosityStream in a Rule 144A and Reg D offering of $145 million Series A Convertible Preferred Stock.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in its private placement of $75 million aggregate principal amount of its 8.50% senior notes due 2020.
- Resolute Energy Corporation in shareholder activism defense.
- Counsel to issuers and underwriters on US IPOs, secondary equity offerings, and investment grade and high yield debt offerings.*
- Regular outside securities and governance counsel to multiple issuers.*
- Counsel to shareholders and conflicts committees in public company mergers.*
* Reflects representations undertaken at previous firm.
- JD, University of Texas School of Law, 2011, with honors
- BA, Rice University, 2006, cum laude
- Member, Texas Law Denver Steering Committee