Stuart Axford focuses on large and highly complex securitization and structured credit transactions, advising a number of leading investment banks, funds, and investors on securitizations across a wide range of asset classes.
His practice includes RMBS, CMBS, auto loans, trade receivables, supply chain finance, whole business securitizations, and CLOs. He also has wide experience in the area of structured credits and derivatives such as credit default swaps and repos.
He spent five years practicing in Frankfurt, during which time he advised numerous German banks on the structuring and establishment of their ABCP programs. During the credit crisis, he advised central banks on the establishment and utilization of special liquidity schemes enabling financial institutions to exchange illiquid assets for those more easily tradable. He also advised on the restructuring of a number of SIVs and ABCP programs and on many "jumbo" structured repo transactions facilitating bank liquidity.
Mr. Axford advised the issuer in relation to the first non-prime European commercial real estate securitization since the 2008 financial crisis, and recently advised on the establishment of two new UK residential mortgage lending platforms.
- Invesco Senior Secured Management, Inc. in relation to the purchase by certain Invesco funds of $25 million secured notes due 2020. The notes are backed by a junior loan to Nordic Aviation Capital secured by second ranking security over certain aircraft.
- The Mortgage Lender on its £250 million warehouse financing for the establishment of their new mortgage lending platform.
- Capita on its role in relation to the London Wall securitization framework, the investment vehicle for funding mortgages originated by Fleet mortgages, a new UK mortgage lending business.
- Debussy DTC PLC as Issuer in relation to the 2013 £263 million CMBS issuance, which refinanced the Toys 'R' Us UK commercial property portfolio, the first non-prime European commercial real estate securitization transaction since the 2008 financial crisis.
- A number of financial institutions on their participation on supply chain finance securitizations through the prime revenue program.
- PrimeXtend, a start-up prime services provider, on its prime brokerage documents with a major international bank and on the customer facing documentation for its prime services business.
Finance: Derivatives and Structured Products (2017)
"Leading Individual" – Securitisation (2017)
- Solicitors’ Final Examinations, College of Law, Chancery Lane
- 1990, University of Cambridge
- England and Wales