Lucas Barrett practices in all areas of corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, and insolvency-related matters and has represented corporate debtors, as well as secured and unsecured creditors in large bankruptcies and out of court restructurings across a range of industries.
Mr. Barrett also maintains an active pro bono practice, aiding in the representation of clients seeking remedies for violations of their constitutional rights, as well as assisting clients seeking to obtain United States citizenship.
While earning his law degree, Mr. Barrett was a member of the Boston College National Moot Court Team and externed with the District Attorney's Offices of Middlesex and Suffolk County (MA).
- Ad hoc group of first lien term lenders and debtor-in-possession lenders to Libbey Inc., one of the world's largest table glass and stemware manufacturers, with respect to the company's successful in-court restructuring.
- Steering committee of first-lien noteholders to Techniplas LLC, a leading automotive component manufacturer, in connection with the company's Chapter 11 filing and ultimate successful sale of core assets for $110 million to the group.
- Ad hoc group of first lien lenders under a senior secured term and revolving credit facility with more than $1 billion outstanding in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases of The Hertz Corporation and 29 of its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Steering committee of term loan lenders owed in excess of $2 billion with respect to the issuance of a new $450 million term loan facility to Cineworld Group Plc, a publicly-listed company on the London Stock Exchange and the world's second-largest cinema chain with operations in 10 countries, across 787 locations and 9,500 screens.
- Borden Dairy Company, the iconic dairy processor with annual revenues in excess of $1.4 billion, in its contested Chapter 11 cases and the 363 sale of substantially all of its operating assets, following a 10-day "virtual" auction (one of the first of its kind), in a transaction valued at approximately $340 million.
- Ad hoc group of term loan lenders to LSC Communications, one of the largest book and magazine printers in the US, in connection with its Chapter 11 proceedings in the Southern District of New York.
- Wilmington Savings Fund Society, FSB in its dual roles as indenture trustee for the Senior Secured First Lien Noteholders and DIP Agent in Sanchez Energy Corporation's Chapter 11 cases.
- GLAS USA LLC, as term loan agent to Chesapeake Energy Corporation, one of the largest energy and exploration companies in its Chapter 11 case in the Northern District of Texas.
- Kyrgyz Republic in connection with Chapter 11 case of Kumtor Gold.
- Equity Security Holders in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy of Lakeland Tours LLC (WorldStrides Travel).
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2018, cum laude
- BA, History and Philosophy, College of the Holy Cross, 2015
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York