Upnit Bhatti's practice focuses on appellate and complex civil litigation in state and federal court. Ms. Bhatti currently represents a consumer products company in the defense of thousands of personal injury cases in state and federal court following the decertification of a class action. She is also involved in the firm's representation of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) as Conservator. Ms. Bhatti also maintains an active pro bono practice and has appeared in state and federal court for clients.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Bhatti clerked at the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit for the Hon. Theodore A. McKee. In law school, Ms. Bhatti was the Managing Editor of the Syracuse Law Review, a member of the American Bar Association National Appellate Team, and interned for the Hon. Thérèse Wiley Dancks of the Northern District of New York.
She is the recipient of the 2016 YWCA Champion of Opportunity Award, YWCA Academy of Diversity Achievers, and New York State Bar Association 2016 Empire State Counsel.
Ms. Bhatti is fluent in Punjabi and Hindi.
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 2015, magna cum laude
- BA (Hons), Political Science and History, University of Toronto, 2012, with honors
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, Northern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, The Honorable Theodore A. McKee
- Member, Central New York Women's Bar Association Mentoring Committee