Ed Bintz focuses his practice on executive compensation and employee benefits. He advises clients on a broad range of compensation and benefits matters, including executive employment and severance agreements, equity compensation and corporate governance matters, the compensation and benefits aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, employee pension and welfare benefit plans, ERISA's fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction rules, and cross-border employee transfers. Mr. Bintz regularly advises clients, both employers and executives, on employment and severance agreements, deferred compensation arrangements, equity-based compensation, bonus programs, compliance with Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code, and golden parachute issues. He also advises private equity funds and plan sponsors with respect to ERISA compliance issues, and works with financial institutions in structuring products and services offered to plan and individual retirement account customers.
- Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. with respect to compensation and benefits matters in connection with its $5.4 billion acquisition by M&T Bank Corporation
- CommunityOne Bancorp with respect to compensation and benefits matters in connection with its $350 million acquisition by Capital Bank Financial.
- SAIC with respect to compensation and benefits matters in connection with its $790 million acquisition of Scitor Corp.
- Major supermarket chain with respect to compensation and benefits matters in connection with in connection with multi-billion acquisition.
- PMI Mortgage Insurance Company with respect to pension and employee benefit matters in connection with its Arizona receivership and the bankruptcy of its parent company, The PMI Group, Inc.
- Private equity funds with respect to executive compensation and employee benefit plan matters in connection with portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Major printing company in connection with compensation and benefits matters, including while in bankruptcy reorganization.
- Executives and management team members in connection with private equity portfolio company transactions.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center
- JD, George Washington University Law School
- BS, Fordham University
- District of Columbia
- New York