Michael D. Blechman is an experienced litigator, mediator and arbitrator, whose practice has primarily focused in the areas of international disputes and arbitration. He has more than 30 years of experience in German-related matters and coordinated the German practice from the US.
Mr. Blechman was lead counsel in a variety of litigations, arbitrations, and other matters involving antitrust, international law, contract disputes, and other matters. He also represented and advised many US and international companies in connection with international mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, and represented such companies before the Justice Department and the Federal Trade Commission.
Mr. Blechman speaks and writes frequently in Europe and the US on antitrust, international litigation, and other subjects. He was recognized by United States Lawyer Rankings as one of the top 10 antitrust attorneys in the US.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1966
- BA, Harvard College, 1962
- Freie Universität Berlin, 1963, Fulbright Fellowship
- New York
- Chair, United States Council for International Business Competition Committee
- Vice Chair, International Chamber of Commerce Competition Commission
- Co-Chair, ICC Task Force on the International Competition Network
- Member, Advisory Board, BNA Antitrust & Trade Regulation Reporter
- Former Chair, Harmonization of Laws Project, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Former Chair, Monograph Committee, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- Former Chair, American Bar Association, Subcommittee on Antitrust and Multinational Enterprises
- Member (1996-2003), Kaye Scholer Executive Committee