Michael Block's practice focuses on patent litigation and dispute resolution, especially in the electrical arts. He has represented technology licensing companies in the enforcement of various patent portfolios. While in law school, he worked in-house at a company where he was engaged in the innovation, development, and monetization of intellectual property and mobile technologies. He also served in Cardozo's Mediation Clinic, where he mediated disputes weekly at the NYC Civil Court.
- Enforcement of a patent relating to the control and manipulation of a virtual environment in response to music: Represented a technology licensing company in the District of Delaware against video game developers and publishers.
- Enforcement of a portfolio of patents relating to the identification and tracking of objects in digital imaging: Represented a technology licensing company in the Eastern District of Texas against an international consumer electronics company.
- ANDA litigation involving a generic equivalent of a brand name drug for schizophrenia: Represented a pharmaceutical company and its affiliates in the District of Delaware.
- Defense against the enforcement of a patent relating to blind-spot monitoring systems: Represented an international automotive company in the Central District of California.
- JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2016, cum laude
- BE, Electrical Engineering, The Cooper Union, 2013
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York