William Bosch is an accomplished trial lawyer whose practice is largely focused on the representation of real estate owners and developers, as well as high-end funds that invest in real estate projects. He leads the firm’s Real Estate Litigation practice and co-leads the firm's interdisciplinary Hospitality practice. Mr. Bosch has handled precedent-setting litigation and arbitration across the United States and internationally involving valuation issues, the enforcement and termination of hotel management agreements (including disputes involving most of the major hotel operators), complex lease structures, development agreements, and issues of fraud and racketeering, breach of contract, fiduciary duty, accounting, cost allocations, unfair trade practices, personal services and agency. He also formulates and executes strategic plans to help clients navigate commercial and intellectual property challenges across a range of other industry sectors, including life sciences, IT, financial services and consumer products.
- Retail developer in dispute involving lease issues surrounding town center development in under-served residential area.
- Successfully represented commercial office developer in resolving lawsuit surrounding major renovation.
- Britannia Pacific Properties as lead counsel in litigation involving corporate charge cost allocations that resulted in the successful termination and transition of a luxury resort operated by Ritz-Carlton in Palm Beach, Florida.
- John Hancock in securing a multi-million dollar jury verdict against Sheraton on behalf of owner of the largest hotel in Washington, DC involving allegations of fraud and kickbacks (Woodley Road).
- High-end real estate investment fund in the confidential arbitration and negotiation of performance termination rights concerning a portfolio of managed properties across the United States.
- LaSalle Hotel Properties as lead trial counsel in a multi-forum litigation and arbitration involving the fair market valuation of REIT assets and the termination of operating agreements with Le Meridien for properties in New Orleans and Dallas.
- Real estate arm of a major insurance company on joint venture disputes, including capital calls and managing member changes.
- High-end national grocery retailer in successfully resolving a dispute involving the leasing of historic property in Georgetown.
- Asia-based owner/developer in resolving an impediment to closing on the acquisition of a major Hawaiian resort.
- Former owner of the Chicago Marriott Downtown in securing summary judgment against Marriott International.
- Large public REIT in successfully resolving a dispute arising out of a portfolio transaction involving brand integration and chain service issues.
- Owner of an iconic Washington, DC hotel property in connection with operational issues and brand repositioning.
Hospitality Law360, Insurance Law360 and Privacy Law360
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BA, Dartmouth College
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
London Court of International Arbitration
International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC)
American Intellectual Property Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association