Bill Bosch is a skilled first-chair trial lawyer whose practice is largely focused on complex commercial disputes. He has extensive experience at the civil trial and appellate level across multiple state, federal and international jurisdictions. He also regularly handles arbitrations and mediations, including under AAA, ICDR and LCIA rules.
From formulating and executing strategic plans to handling evidentiary hearings through trial and appeal, Mr. Bosch helps clients across a spectrum of sectors—financial services, real estate, consumer products, IT, and life sciences—navigate challenges where the amounts at stake and issues of contention have a decisive impact on the core viability and integrity of their businesses. These challenges encompass the full range of business disputes, including fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, valuation, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competes, and intellectual property infringement.
- Ad Hoc term loan lender group in bankruptcy court litigation arising out of restructuring of radio station group.
- Amazon.com in the successful pursuit of domestic and overseas claims against a cybersquatter.
- Exide Technologies as trial counsel in the successful rejection of a trademark license in bankruptcy.
- Image Telecommunications Corp. in the Eastern District of Virginia in defense of a patent assignment dispute involving video on demand technology.
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict in securing ownership and control of documentaries produced over the course of two decades.
- Vonage in defending damages case in a three-week jury trial in the Eastern District of Virginia involving seven patents; jury rejected plaintiffs' damage claims.
- xWave Technologies in the successful defense of a trade-secret misappropriation case involving software in the Eastern District of Virginia; court required plaintiff to post bond to pursue claims, settled before client's summary judgment motions were heard.
- Hotel owner in arbitration involving termination of agreement with celebrity chef.
- Major transportation company as lead trial counsel in a contract dispute involving valuation and tax-allocation issues arising out of a corporate spin-off, resulting in a multimillion dollar recovery by settlement following the cross-examination of the defendant's primary expert.
- Government contractor in successful resolution of a fraud case in arbitration, resulting in a favorable, confidential settlement.
Hospitality Law360, Insurance Law360 and Privacy Law360
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- BA, Dartmouth College
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
London Court of International Arbitration
International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC)
American Intellectual Property Association
Intellectual Property Owners Association