Ryan D. Budhu focuses on complex commercial litigation. Before joining the firm, Mr. Budhu clerked in the Eastern District of New York for United States Chief District Judge Dora L. Irizarry and United States Magistrate Judge Steven I. Locke.
Prior to clerking, Mr. Budhu served as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the Tort and Executive Divisions of the New York City Law Department. While there, he litigated 42 U.S.C. § 1983 claims in federal and state courts and advised the Law Department's Chief of Staff and Corporation Counsel on various institutional reform issues. While at the Law Department, Mr. Budhu managed all aspects of litigation, including serving as lead counsel in jury trials, as well as drafting and arguing appeals.
Mr. Budhu received his JD from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was a member of the Labor & Employment Law Journal and a member of the Moot Court Society. During law school, Mr. Budhu interned at the New Jersey Attorney General's Office, United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, United States Department of Justice, and the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit. Mr. Budhu received his BA from St. John's University.
- JD, Hofstra University School of Law, 2012
- BA, Government & Politics, St. John's University, 2006
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Assistant Corporation Counsel, New York City Law Department (2012-2017)
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York, The Honorable Dora L. Irizarry
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York, The Honorable Steven I. Locke
- President, South Asian Bar Association of New York