Lindsey Carson's practice focuses on white-collar defense, internal and government investigations, compliance, and complex litigation. She regularly advises companies on investigations, enforcement actions, and compliance issues involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-corruption laws. In 2017, Ms. Carson spent six months serving on secondment as senior regulatory counsel for anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and anti-money laundering in the in-house legal department of a major oil and gas company.
Ms. Carson's civil litigation practice includes complex commercial disputes. She is also actively involved in the firm's representation of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) as Conservator in hundreds of cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts.
Ms. Carson serves as an adjunct professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) and frequently speaks, writes, and publishes on issues related to corruption and anti-corruption programming, especially in developing and emerging markets. She is Managing Editor of the firm's semi-annual publication on Global Anti-Corruption Insights, which covers enforcement of the FCPA and other anti-corruption laws.
Ms. Carson graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School where she served as an Articles Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and received the John M. Maurer Memorial Prize for Criminal Law. In 2014, she received her doctorate in juridical studies from the University of Toronto, where her scholarship focused on the impacts of laws against foreign bribery on developing countries.
- Major oil and gas company – served on secondment as senior regulatory counsel for anti-corruption, anti-bribery, and anti-money laundering in the in-house legal department.
- Multiple employees of a multinational commodity trading and mining company in an ongoing multi-country FCPA and money laundering investigation by DOJ.
- Multiple employees of a multinational information technology corporation in a DOJ/SEC FCPA investigation regarding allegations of bribe payments in India.
- Leading Latin American financial services holding company in advising on FCPA and anti-corruption compliance issues.
- Major luxury goods retailer in conducting an internal investigation into allegations of bribery arising out of the company's operations in Mexico.
- Multinational conglomerate in conducting anti-corruption due diligence for a corporate acquisition in China.
- Multinational medical device and pharmaceutical company in counseling on potential FCPA issues in connection with payments to health care providers in China.
- Prominent specialty retailer - conducted enterprise-wide global compliance review.
- Mining company with operations in Latin America in advising on compliance policies, procedures, and protocols and drafted a third-part due diligence implementation plan.
- Leading food/beverage retailer in conducting a due diligence review on one of its major suppliers.
- Multinational manufacturing corporation - provided FCPA-related advice in connection with the proposed acquisition of a target in Russia.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency – represent the Conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in complex litigation pending in dozens of federal district and appellate courts.
- SJD, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, 2014
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2009, cum laude
- MSc, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2006, with merit
- BA, Duke University, 2001
- District of Columbia
- Legal Fellow, US Senator Tim Johnson