Jennifer Castrillon has a broad commercial real estate practice, with a particular focus on real estate development. She regularly handles all aspects of development projects including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, ground leases,1031 tax deferred exchanges and acquisition of additional density rights. She also represents clients in connection with debt financing, including construction loans and term loans. Her clients include real estate developers, hotel owners and other corporations.
- New York-based developer in connection with a number of projects including (i) its acquisition and financing of several buildings in Washington, DC; (ii) forward and reverse 1031-exchange in connection with the acquisition and disposition of several buildings in both New York, NY and Washington, DC; and (iii) joint venture agreement with another developer for redevelopment of an office building in downtown Washington, DC.
- District-based developer in connection with (i) a joint venture for the development of a mixed used project in the District’s ballpark area, and (ii) debt financing for the site.
- District-based developer in connection with a construction loan for a mixed used development in Maryland.
- Hotel management company in connection with (i) the disposition of its hotel assets, and (ii) joint venture with a hospitality REIT.
- National corporation in connection with the negotiation of a 200,000 square foot lease in New Jersey.
- DC educational institution in connection with the ground lease of a portion of its site.
- Foreign investor in connection with (i) the acquisition of a mixed use project in the District, and (ii) a joint venture agreement with an investor partner.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2007, cum laude
- BA, Duke University, 2004, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York