Jessica Caterina focuses on internal investigations and complex commercial and product liability litigation in both state and federal courts. Ms. Caterina also assists healthcare providers in responding to government audits and compliance matters.
Ms. Caterina maintains an active pro bono practice. Recent matters include bringing a wrongful death suit against a federal prison for alleged violations of the deceased prisoner's Constitutional rights under the Eighth Amendment. Ms. Caterina previously assisted a charter school in challenging an action to prevent the school from opening in its designated location.
From 2013-2014, Ms. Caterina served as a law clerk for the Honorable Theodore A. McKee, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Ms. Caterina graduated from Syracuse University College of law, magna cum laude, where she was a George C. McCrillis Scholar and served as an Associate Editor of the Syracuse Law Review. While in law school, Ms. Caterina interned in the criminal division of the United States Attorney's Office, Northern District of New York. Upon graduation, Ms. Caterina was awarded Order of the Coif. Ms. Caterina earned her BA from Bennington College in 2000.
- One of the nation’s largest government contractors in Medicaid False Claims Act qui tam investigation and litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- New York area community hospital in a political corruption and health care fraud investigation being conducted by the United States Attorney's office for the Eastern District of New York.
- JD, Syracuse University College of Law, 2011, magna cum laude
- BA, Bennington College, 2000
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, The Honorable Theodore A. McKee
Member, New York American Inn of Court
Member, Entertainment Committee, New York City Bar