Mehtap Cevher Conti concentrates her practice on asset finance, particularly in the aviation and transportation industries. Her broad-based experience includes working with clients on secured debt and export credit agency supported transactions, revolving credit facilities, leveraged leases, operating leases, portfolio acquisitions, and asset-backed structured financings and securitizations for commercial and investment banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, aircraft operating lessors, and airlines. She also advises clients in the purchase and lease financing of corporate aircraft and helicopters.
Ms. Cevher Conti frequently handles finance transactions that involve multiple global jurisdictions. She is a native of Turkey and is fluent in Turkish.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Cevher Conti was in private practice, where she focused on global transportation finance. She has been recognized in The Legal 500 US for Finance: Asset Finance and Leasing.
- Bank in connection with numerous senior term loans secured by aircraft and operating leases involving various airlines in varied jurisdictions.
- Bank in connection with the purchase and acquisition finance of a portfolio of about 15 aircraft.
- Export credit agency in connection with the aircraft financing for an Australian airline.
- Export credit agency in connection with two separate facilities of mortgage financing for a regional airline.
- Export credit agency in connection with senior secured debt financing for an aircraft lessor.
- Export credit agency in the rail car financing for a national rail company.
- Bank in connection with the mortgage financing of two aircraft for a US major airline.
- Bank in connection with the mortgage financing of six aircraft for a regional airline.
- Bank in connection with a finance lease facility for an American airline.
- Bank in connection with separate lease financings of corporate aircraft to a few different customers.
- Insurance company in connection with the sale of a corporate aircraft.
- Bank in connection with the mortgage financing of two helicopters.
- A number of banks in connection with the restructuring of leveraged lease transactions during the bankruptcy proceedings of two US airlines.
- Bank in connection with repossession of an aircraft and dispute over return conditions.
- Various commercial banks in connection with the syndication of senior loans.
- JD, Boston College Law School, cum laude
- BA, Koç University, Istanbul, Turkey, with honors
- New York