Jean Chang focuses her practice on advising foreign governments and enterprises in US trade remedy proceedings before the US Department of Commerce and the US International Trade Commission. Her experience includes US court appeals as well as WTO dispute settlement cases on antidumping and countervailing duty issues. Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Chang was an associate at a prominent international law firm.
Ms. Chang is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant. Before attending law school, she was an auditor at a Big Four accounting firm, an accounting supervisor at the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, and a financial management consultant to the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Ms. Chang received her law degree, with honors, from The George Washington University Law School. During law school, Ms. Chang was a judicial intern to the Honorable Mary Ellen Barbera, Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. She also served as a legal writing fellow in GW Law's Legal Research and Writing Program.
- Canadian provincial government in the countervailing duty investigation of Softwood Lumber Products from Canada
- Argentinian producer in the antidumping duty investigation of Biodiesel from Argentina
- Australian steel producer in an antidumping duty administrative review of Hot-Rolled Steel Flat Products from Australia
- Japanese steel producer in antidumping duty administrative reviews of Diffusion-Annealed, Nickel-Plated Flat-Rolled Steel Products from Japan
- Korean manufacturer in the antidumping duty investigation of Emulsion Styrene-Butadiene Rubber from Korea
- Korean manufacturer in the antidumping duty investigation of Dioctyl Terephthalate from Korea
- Korean multinational electronics company in the antidumping duty investigation of Large Residential Washers from China
- Government of China in a countervailing duty administrative review of Crystalline Silicon Photovoltaic Products from China
- Korean manufacturer in an antidumping duty administrative review of Large Residential Washers from Korea
- Government of China in countervailing duty administrative reviews of Certain New Pneumatic Off-the-Road Tires from China
- Government of China in countervailing duty administrative reviews of Passenger Vehicle and Light Truck Tires from China
- Russian steel producer in the antidumping duty investigation of Cold-Rolled Steel Flat Products from Russia
- Chinese steel producer and the Government of China in the antidumping and countervailing duty investigations of Stainless Steel Sheet and Strip from China
- Government of China in a countervailing duty administrative review of Multilayered Wood Flooring from China
- Chinese producer in antidumping duty administrative reviews of Activated Carbon from China
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2016, with honors
- BS, Accounting, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, 2008, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of International Trade
- Chinese (Mandarin)