Sylvia Chen's practices focuses on international trade and arbitration matters. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Chen worked at a trade consulting firm and at the Office of the United States Trade Representative. She has gained policy advisory experience as the Deputy Policy Director on a victorious congressional campaign. During law school, Ms. Chen interned at the United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Outside of her professional duties, Ms. Chen serves as an Editor for the American Bar Association International Trade Committee's publications.
Ms. Chen holds a JD from Suffolk University and a BA in International Relations and Economics from Connecticut College. She also received a joint LLM in Public International Law from the University of Turin in Italy and the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI). Ms. Chen is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and holds an intermediate-level in German.
- LLM, University of Turin, 2011
- JD, Suffolk University Law School, 2010, Dean's List
- BA, Connecticut College, 2006, Dean's List
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Vice Chair of Publications and Member of Steering Committee, American Bar Association, International Trade Committee
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association – DC Chapter
- Chinese (Mandarin)