Philip Curtis has extensive experience in product liability and mass tort litigation. Mr. Curtis has represented clients in actions by individual plaintiffs, in class-actions, and in complex aggregate liability matters brought by attorneys general and others. In his private antitrust litigation practice, he has handled numerous class-action litigations and represented clients in the television, motion picture, petroleum, and insurance industries. Mr. Curtis has also represented clients in matters involving potential environmental liability.
- Multiple cases involving lead pigment product liability litigation.
- Multiple cases involving methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE) product liability litigation.
- Multiple cases involving liability for climate change.
- Multiple cases involving radiation exposure.
- Multiple cases involving smoking and health.
"Leading Lawyer" – Litigation: Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense (Toxic Tort) (2014-2017)
Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Consumer Products (including tobacco) and Toxic Tort (2013)
Product Liability and Mass Tort Defense: Consumer Products (2009, 2011-2012)
Product Liability: Toxic Torts (Nationwide) (2009-2016)
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1971
- BA, Yale University, 1968
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States