Katie Custer is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer whose practice focuses on all aspects of complex commercial litigation. She has represented clients in numerous state and federal courts in a wide array of business disputes, ranging from complex oil and gas disputes, to environmental regulation and government regulation disputes, to insurance coverage litigation. Ms. Custer is also active in the community and pro bono efforts, including representing detained individuals in claims for release, volunteering at the United States District Court for the District of Colorado's Pro Se Clinic, and representing a former prisoner in a civil rights case alleging cruel and unusual punishment.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Custer worked both at an international law firm and a nationally recognized regional firm. In college, Ms. Custer was a Division 1 Track and Field athlete, holding the long jump record at her school for six years and achieving All Conference Academic Honors.
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, 2010
- BA, Psychology Major, History Minor, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2007, cum laude
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- Volunteer Attorney, Colorado Bar Association Federal Pro Se Clinic