Katie Custer is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer whose practice focuses on all aspects of complex commercial litigation. She has represented clients in numerous state and federal courts in a wide array of business disputes, ranging from insurance coverage litigation to trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract claims. Ms. Custer is also active in the community and pro bono efforts, including service on the board for a nonprofit organization, representation of a former prisoner in a civil rights case alleging cruel and unusual punishment, and the representation of a veteran in the denial of his disability benefits.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Custer worked both at an international law firm and a nationally recognized regional firm. In college, Ms. Custer was a Division 1 Track and Field athlete, holding the long jump record at her school for six years and achieving All Conference Academic Honors.
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, 2010
- BA, Psychology Major, History Minor, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2007, cum laude
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- Member, Board of Directors, Scholars Unlimited (2018-present)
- Volunteer Attorney, Colorado Bar Association Federal Pro Se Clinic