Thad Dameris is head of the firm's Houston office. For nearly 30 years Mr. Dameris' practice has involved the representation of clients in arbitrations, jury, and non-jury trials involving transnational disputes. He regularly represents leading US and international companies in aviation, energy, and transportation disputes, including product liability and mass torts matters.
Mr. Dameris is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, and member of the International Association of Defense Counsel and former instructor of its Trial Academy. He has been consistently recognized by his clients and peers in Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA, The Legal 500 US, and Who's Who Legal for transportation. He is a graduate, with honors, from The University of Texas Law School. He is also a Fellow in the Royal Aeronautical Society.
- Tried and obtained a jury verdict in federal court for domestic oil and gas company in Houston, defending against claims of breach of contract, quantum merit and fraud.
- Tried and obtained a jury verdict for private corporation, and its officers and directors, in a civil conspiracy, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and negligent misrepresentation lawsuit.
- Tried and obtained a jury verdict in federal court for publicly traded company, defending against claims of breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Tried and obtained an arbitration award and enforced award for a publicly traded company in a dispute over alleged stock options, including claims of breach of duty of good faith, fraud, breach of contract, and civil conspiracy.
- Represented world's largest airframe manufacturer in litigation arising from aircraft purchase agreements with domestic and international airlines.
- Represented an aviation leasing company in international arbitration with a US flag operator over maintenance costs.
- Represented publicly traded oil and gas company in shareholder litigation arising from US$30 billion dollar merger.
- Defended a Taiwanese manufacturer of digital loop carriers in an International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration with a United Kingdom telecommunications company relating to intellectual property issues.
- Defended an operator of oil and gas leases in east Texas in a class action lawsuit alleging failure to properly develop oil and gas leases.
- Defended an officer and director of a Texas corporation against claims of usurpation of corporate opportunities in connection with rights to Blockbuster Video in Mexico.
- Represented a minority shareholder and partner in receivership and shareholder derivative litigation, which included claims of fraud and civil conspiracy.
- Represented a publicly traded company in dispute with former CFO over valuation of stock option after termination, including claims of fraud.
- Prosecuted take-or-pay, royalty, and lease litigation for oil and gas producers.
- Represented a publicly traded company in a class action defending against allegations of price fixing of offshore workers' wages in violation of antitrust laws.
- Represented several companies in internal corporate investigations.
- Represented a leading European company in an ICC arbitration involving claims of alleged miss use of confidential and proprietary confidential information.
- Represented world’s largest airframe manufacturer in ICC arbitration relating to indemnity claims arising from aviation accident over the mid-Atlantic.
The Brief, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association
Transportation: Aviation Litigation (Nationwide) (2013-2019)
Product Liability & Mass Torts (Nationwide) (2013-2015)
Transportation: Aviation Regulatory & Litigation (2006)
Transportation Law (2004-2019)
"Houston Lawyer of the Year" – Transportation Law (2015)
International Arbitration (2015-2019)
International Litigation (2018-2019)
Transport: Aviation and Air Travel (2017-2018)
"Leading Lawyer" – Product Liability & Mass Tort Defense: Aerospace/Aviation (2013-2016)
- JD, University of Texas School of Law, 1986, with honors
- BBA, Southern Methodist University, 1982
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US District Court, Western District of Arkansas
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, District of Nevada
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas