Sara D'Amico's practice focuses on complex civil litigation, government investigations, and regulatory enforcement. Ms. D'Amico has represented clients in matters involving constitutional challenges to state laws and government practices, complex multi-district litigation, international arbitration, and internal investigations. Ms. D'Amico has assisted clients in all phases of state and federal litigation, including trials and appeals.
Ms. D'Amico received her law degree from Harvard Law School. She graduated from the University of Colorado with a BA in both International Affairs and Political Science, and a minor in Economics. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. D'Amico served as a law clerk to the Hon. Roy W. McLeese III on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. During law school, she interned in the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office and the Massachusetts Senate.
- Healthcare client in federal litigation challenging state drug pricing laws.
- Chemical corporation in Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Justice investigation.
- Federal Housing Finance Agency as Conservator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, in complex litigation pending in dozens of federal district courts, appellate courts, and state courts.
- Global payment card company in federal antitrust multidistrict litigation challenging interchange fees and other practices.
- Global payment card company in federal antitrust multidistrict litigation challenging ATM access fees.
- Individual voters in successful gerrymandering challenge to Pennsylvania's congressional districts before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Individual voters in successful gerrymandering challenges to North Carolina's state legislative districts and congressional districts before North Carolina state courts.
- Individual plaintiffs in First Amendment challenge to Department of Homeland Security and US Customs & Border Protection's policy and practices regarding photography at the San Ysidro and Calexico ports of entry.
- Non-profit organizations in amicus brief supporting petition for certiorari in the United States Supreme Court.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2016
- BA, Political Science and International Affairs, University of Colorado, 2011
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, The Honorable Roy W. McLeese III