Marc Daniel represents investment banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions in connection with all aspects of real estate finance transactions, including the origination, acquisition, and disposition of commercial mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, and pari passu and senior/subordinate interests therein. He also represents lenders, servicers, and participants in the restructuring and work-out of distressed real estate loans with an emphasis on complex multitranche structures. His financing and restructuring experience has involved the full range of commercial properties, including office, hotel, retail, gaming, and multifamily properties, and has included Shariah-compliant financings.
- Investment banks and insurance companies in the origination and syndication of mortgage and mezzanine financing for several multibillion dollar public-to-private transactions in the hotel, office, and healthcare sectors.
- Sellers and purchasers of whole loans, notes, and participations in connection with various commercial mortgage and mezzanine financings.
- Financial institutions and insurance companies with respect to the restructuring and foreclosure of commercial mortgage and mezzanine loans.
- Investment banks in the origination of secured revolving credit facilities.
- JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1994
- SB, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1991
- District of Columbia
- New York