Sam Deka focuses his practice on patent litigation, with experience in a broad range of technologies, from pharmaceuticals, including Viagra® and Celebrex®, to semiconductors, optical networking components, and 3-D display technology. Mr. Deka is also a registered patent attorney and regularly represents clients in inter partes review proceedings.
While in law school, Mr. Deka worked for the chief in-house intellectual property counsel of a semiconductor design and manufacturing company. While in college, Mr. Deka gained technical research experience as an intern at Bell Labs.
- Counsel for Pfizer in a set of patent litigations involving Pfizer's Xeljanz/Xeljanz XR (tofacitinib citrate) for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Pfizer Inc. v. Micro Labs USA Inc. et al., 1:17-cv-00158-LPS (D. Del.) and related cases.
- Counsel for Pfizer in a set of patent litigations involving Pfizer's Bosulif (bosutinib) for the treatment of leukemia. Wyeth LLC et al. v Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. et al., 1:16-cv-01305-RGA (D. Del.) and related cases
- Counsel for Cephalon in a patent infringement case involving Cephalon's drug Treanda (bendamustine hydrochloride). Cephalon, Inc. v. Fresenius KABI USA, LLC, 15-cv-00536 (D. Del.).
- Trial counsel for Acorda Therapeutics in a set of patent infringement cases involving Acorda's drug AMPYRA® (dalfampridine), an oral medication to improve walking in people with multiple sclerosis (MS). Acorda Therapeutics Inc. v. Actavis et al., 1:14-cv-00882-LPS (D. Del.).
- Counsel for Pfizer in a patent infringement case involving Pfizer's drug Celebrex® (celecoxib). Pfizer Inc. v. Lupin Pharma et al., 2:13-cv-121 (E.D. Va.).
- Counsel for Pfizer in defense of a patent infringement action relating to methods of DNA analysis and gene mapping. Genetic Technologies LTD v. Pfizer Inc., 12-cv-00395 (D. Del.).
- Trial counsel for Nintendo in a patent infringement case involving stereoscopic (3-D) image capture and display technology. Tomita Technologies Int'l Inc. v. Nintendo Co., Ltd., 1:11-cv-04256-JSR (S.D.N.Y.).
- Trial counsel for Pfizer in a patent infringement case involving Pfizer's drug Viagra® (sildenafil). Pfizer Inc v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. et al., 2:10-cv-128 (E.D.Va.).
- Counsel for QinetiQ in a patent infringement case involving QinetiQ's patents on multi-mode interference (MMI) waveguides, Mach-Zehnder interferometers, and related optical telecommunications technologies. QinetiQ Limited v. Oclaro, Inc., 4:10-cv-00080-SBA (N.D.Ca.).
- JD, Temple University School of Law, 2003
- BS, Physics, Tulane University, 2000
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US Patent and Trademark Office