Francois Doumont's practice focuses on all aspects of Belgian and European (EU) competition law, with particular emphasis on merger control proceedings, state aid, abuse of dominance and cartel matters.
Mr. Doumont joined the the firm's Brussels team in 2016. Prior to joining, Mr. Doumont worked in other US leading international competition law firms in Brussels and has also undertaken a traineeship at the European Commission's Directorate General for Competition.
- Monsanto Company in connection with its $66 billion acquisition by Bayer. One of the lead associates assisting with antitrust clearances outside North America. This complex case spanned over 20 months and involved more than 2,000 product markets reviewed by the European Commission following an in-depth review and extensive commitments. The transaction was reviewed and approved by the DOJ and almost 30 other antitrust enforcers worldwide.
- Komatsu Ltd. in international merger filings regarding its $2.9 billion agreement to acquire mining equipment company, Joy Global.
- General Electric in its transaction combining GE Oil & Gas with Baker Hughes to create a new publicly traded company owned 62.5% by GE with $23 billion in combined revenue. Co-lead associate for the EU filing that ended with an unconditional clearance.
- Represented Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in its joint venture with FIAMM Group to acquire FIAMM's lead acid battery business.
- LLM, King's College London, 2015
- Master of Laws, University of Louvain-la-Neuve (UCL), 2013,
- Brussels, Belgium