Owen Dunn represents companies in federal and state investigations involving alleged False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and regulatory violations. His clients hail from a wide range of industries, including healthcare, pharmaceutical, defense, procurement, and aeronautics.
Mr. Dunn views his role as a counselor for his clients and, often, for the government. Time and again, he has helped his clients reach favorable resolutions by identifying disconnects between the investigators’ theories of wrongdoing and the facts of his clients’ conduct. He has managed internal investigations, designed corrective action plans, and prepared cases for trial. He has also negotiated overwhelmingly favorable settlements with federal and state stakeholders.
Mr. Dunn also maintains an active pro bono practice in which he represents clients in the areas of voting rights, election law, and wrongful termination.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Dunn served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eric L. Clay of the US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. He received his JD, magna cum laude, from the Georgetown University Law Center, and he was awarded the Order of the Coif upon graduation.
- Representing pharmaceutical, medical device, and diagnostic testing companies in civil FCA and criminal investigations by the US Department of Justice and state attorneys general.
- Representing a major procurement company in an ongoing civil FCA case brought on behalf of the federal government.
- Representing companies in complex regulatory disputes with state and federal Medicare agencies, including active suspensions and threatened debarment and civil monetary penalties
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi in two federal False Claims Act qui tam suits and multiple state Attorney General actions concerning the promotion of Plavix.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- ScB, Brown University, 2010
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, The Honorable Eric L. Clay