Brett Farley is currently on a leave of absence from the firm on a commercial secondment.
Brett Farley provides regulatory, transactional, and litigation counseling to telecommunications and media clients. Mr. Farley's experience includes assisting clients in obtaining the consent of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the US Department of Justice, and state regulatory agencies to mergers and acquisitions in communications-related industries. He advises clients regarding compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations, and has experience assisting with FCC license applications and developing internal processes and programs to ensure compliance with FCC regulations.
Mr. Farley is a cum laude graduate of the Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. Prior to his graduation from law school, Mr. Farley was a summer associate at Arnold & Porter.
- Assisted AT&T Inc. in its purchase of nationwide 700 MHz spectrum from Qualcomm Inc.
- Advised manufacturer on FCC equipment authorization requirements and enforcement procedures.
- Advised wireless carrier regarding environmental regulations related to tower registration.
- Assisted AT&T Inc. with its acquisition and subsequent licensing and registration of spectrum and other assets divested by Verizon Wireless as part of Verizon’s purchase of Alltell.
- JD, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2009, cum laude
- BA, Yale University, 2004
- District of Columbia