Lynn Toby Fisher is a retired partner with extensive experience in the following areas:
- mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of public and private companies, in which she represented both purchasers and sellers in widely diverse industries, public and private equity, and debt financings;
- general counsel and advice to publicly traded companies, including securities law compliance matters and counsel to Boards of Directors and various Committees of the Board;
- corporate restructurings, in which she represented companies and stakeholders in bankruptcy proceedings, and the acquisition and sale of businesses through in- and out-of-court proceedings that involved financially distressed companies, including representation of unsecured creditors (National Energy Gas & Transmission and United Airlines), Global Business Consulting Group (Arthur Andersen), debtors (Magnatrax Corporation), and principal investor (America Online Latin America); and
- structuring of real estate investment vehicles and related public securities work.
Ms. Fisher has spoken at numerous seminars on topics including the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley on both public and private companies, the design and implementation of disclosure controls and procedures, and the initial public offering process.
Ms. Fisher received her law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she was Editor of the University of Cincinnati Law Review.
- JD, University of Cincinnati, College of Law, 1974, Order of the Coif
- BA, Goucher College, 1971, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association
- Advisory Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution (1993), Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Corporation Law Committee (1992-1994), Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Ginsburg Lecture Committee (2000-Present), Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Board of Legal Advisors, Legal Momentum