Theodore (Ted) Frank is a retired partner whose practice focused on counseling clients in the communications and telecommunications industries. He handled matters dealing with virtually all aspects of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation, representing commercial and public broadcasters, local exchange telephone companies, wireless providers, long-distance carriers, submarine cable systems, satellite providers, investors in telecommunications entities, cable operators telecommunications equipment manufacturers, trade associations, and others subject to the expansive jurisdiction of the FCC. Mr. Frank represented communications clients and others in appellate matters both in the Courts of Appeals and the US Supreme Court with respect to defamation, invasion of privacy, claims, and First Amendment litigation.
Since retiring, Mr. Frank has divided his time between representing 100Reporters, an on-line newspaper, focusing on corruption in developing nations, and lawyer disciplinary matters. He has served as a member and then Chair of the Board on Professional Responsibility of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals and a member of the governing board of the National Council of Lawyer Disciplinary Boards. He continues to serve as a Chairman of one of the Hearing Committees of the DC Board on Professional Responsibility. He is also Chair of the Advisory Committee on Admissions and Grievances of the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit.
- LLM, Harvard University, 1969
- LLB, University of Texas, 1966
- BS, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1963
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law Section, former Vice-Chair, Judicial Review Committee
- Federal Communications Bar Association, Former Member, Executive Committee; Past Chairman, Judicial Review, Professional Responsibility, Telecommunications Moot Court and Membership Committees
- Former Chair, District of Columbia Board on Professional Responsibility
- Faculty Assistant for the Ames Competition, Member of the Faculty, Harvard Law School, 1967-69
- Member, Budget Committee, DC Bar
- Member, Board of Directors, National Conference Lawyer Disciplinary Boards
- Former Tax & Zoning Chairman, Springfield Civic Association
- Former Member, Citizen's Coordinating Committee on Friendship Heights