Diane Frankle is a retired partner who was a nationally recognized corporate governance and M&A advisor. Ms. Frankle advised directors and senior management on fiduciary duties, M&A, corporate governance issues, activist defense, crisis management, internal investigations and executive compensation. She also led deal teams completing more than 100 M&A deals with a total value exceeding US$12 billion. Her focus clients included companies in the technology, life sciences and health care industries.
Consistently named one of California's Top Women Lawyers by the Daily Journal, Ms. Frankle is an inaugural Fellow in the American College of Governance Counsel, and was named The Best Lawyers in America's Corporate Governance Law "Lawyer of the Year" for San Jose (2017) and San Francisco (2015). She is Co-Chair of a Joint Task Force on Governance Issues in Business Combinations for the American Bar Association and active in the ABA's M&A and Corporate Governance Committees.
Ms. Frankle serves as a director for several education non-profit organizations, including the College of Wooster, and the Advisory Board of Facing History and Ourselves. She and her husband founded Building Bridges, an interfaith dialogue program with 120 participants since 2013. Ms. Frankle also is active in various organizations focusing on accelerating women leadership, including 2020 Women on Boards and the HiPower Executive Women's Leadership Program.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1979, magna cum laude
- BA, College of Wooster, 1975, Phi Beta Kappa
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- Member, M&A Committee and Corporate Governance Committees; Co-Chair, Joint Task Force on Governance Issues in Business Combinations; Co-Editor, The Role of Directors in M&A Transactions: Handbook for Directors, Management and Advisors; Co-Chair, Delaware Business Law Forum; Chair, Subcommittee on Public Company Acquisitions, and Co-Chair for a related Task Force; Editor, Model Merger Agreement for the Acquisition of a Public Company, American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Member, Corporations Committee, Business Law Section; Editor-in-Chief, Guide to California Securities Law Practice, State Bar of California
- Fellow, Inaugural Class , The American College of Governance Counsel
- Chairman of the Board, ALearn
- Trustee, Board of Trustees, Vice Chair, Risk Oversight Task Force, Member, Trustee & Governance Committee and Executive Appraisal Committee, The College of Wooster
- Member, Advisory Board, Silicon Valley Education Foundation
- Director, San Francisco Advisory Board, Facing History and Ourselves
- Senior Fellow, Class Champion and Member, Network Engagement Committee, American Leadership Forum, Silicon Valley
- Member, HiPower Executive Women Leadership Program
- Senior Warden; Search Committee; Co-Chair of Stewardship Committee and Every Member Canvass, All Saints Episcopal Church, Palo Alto
- Co-founder, Building Bridges