Dr. Hans-Joachim Fritz renders advice to clients in classical industrial branches and in professional services on all issues relating to corporate restructuring, as well as litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
As a certified specialist for commercial and corporate law as well as for employment law, Dr. Fritz gives support to major corporations in order to restructure the organization or reorganize business units. He advises on all matters of corporate governance (esp. director's liabilities, compensation issues, CSR). In addition, he is engaged in negotiating collective agreements with work councils and other staff's representatives.
Dr. Fritz also advises major corporations on various international governance and compliance issues, partly as an external compliance monitor. He also conducts internal investigations and negotiates with prosecutors and administrative bodies on corporate sanctions.
Before entering private practice, Dr. Fritz held positions in senior HR management, lastly as member of the board of a DAX 100 company. Prior to joining the firm, he was partner with two international German law firms.
- International medical technology group with private equity investor as principal shareholder: internal investigations for non-compliance with US embargo and export regulations.
- Consulting firm operating in 150 countries with majority participation of a PE fund: investigation, especially in countries with high susceptibility to corruption; negotiations with US authorities and international development banks.
- German service organization: supervision of current compliance and corporate governance issues, in particular statutes, rules of procedure, code of conduct and (above all) assumption of the chairmanship and chairmanship of the General Meeting, in order to avoid spontaneous disputes between different members of the Board of Management.
- Financial service providers: internal company investigations into suspected corruption and breach of trust by loan officers; support in criminal charges.
- International media group (D, GB, USA): advice, coordination and litigation in the investigation and prosecution of breach of trust within the management board.
- International Group for Radio Frequency Technology: coordination of the clarification of facts as corporate attorney and perception.
- Listed, internationally active financial services provider: organization and implementation of structure regarding governance, risk and compliance.
- International company in the health care industry: drafting of a Code of Conduct with requirements under the UK Bribery Act 2010; establishment of a Hospitality & Gift Directory; implementation of the guidelines on the basis of a works agreement including negotiations with the Group Works Council.
- Family-managed company in the consumer goods sector with 90% dual-use products: introduction of a compliance organization; external ombudsman service, in particular with regard to export controls.
- Listed company in the mechanical and plant engineering sector: drafting of a Code of Ethics, implementation of a corruption guideline.
- International software company: advice in connection with preferential treatment of members of individual works councils and of the general works council contrary to the provisions of works constitution law.
- PhD (Dr. iur.), University of Manheim, 1997
- Second State Exam, Baden-Wuerttemberg, 1990
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- First State Exam, University of Freiburg, 1987
- German Attorney, authorized to represent before all German Courts (except for the Federal Court of Justice in civil matters) and before the courts of the European Union.
- Member, Working Group of Employment at Lawyers' Association in Germany
- Member, Committee for Admission on Certified Specialists for Commercial and Corporate Law, Frankfurt Bar
- Member, Commission on Corporate and Commission on European Legislative Matters, Federal Bar in Berlin/Brussels
- Member, Group of Experts on Anti-Corruption, European Commission, Brussels (since 2011)
- Guest Lecturer, University of Regensburg, LL.M. Compliance (focus on internal investigations)
- Guest Lecturer, ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, CAS Compliance Investigator (focus on interrogations of employees within the framework of internal company investigations)