Alex Gendzier's practice focuses on the representation of investors, family offices, alternative asset managers, private equity firms, companies and banks in investments, capital markets transactions, joint ventures and restructurings in and out of court. He has substantial experience in liability management, restructurings (in and out of court) and high-yield debt; direct loans; equity-linked, structured equity and convertible securities; preferred stock; common equity including SPACs; and common stock, whether registered or private investments in public equity (PIPEs); liability management; out-of-court restructurings; and special situations. Mr. Gendzier also advises companies about SEC and stock exchange requirements, and their boards of directors about corporate governance matters, including their fiduciary duties.
He is Chairman of the Opinion Committee of the Firm and a senior advisor to the Veterans and Affiliates Leadership Organization (VALOR Group), for which he oversaw the Firm's efforts to assist Afghan allies and friends, among other things.
He is the former Co-Chair of the Annual Fund for The Dwight School and Trustee of The Windward School.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Gendzier was in private practice. He began his career at Bankers Trust Company and BT Securities Corporation in the Senior Debt Syndications Group, leaving as a Vice President and Team Leader.
- Taseko Mines Limited in its US$400 million offering of 7% Senior Secured Notes due 2026.
- Taseko Mines Limited in its intercreditor agreement.
- Investor in restructuring of company and issuance of new preferred stock, warrants and related matters.
- Ankura Consulting Group as receiver in In Re Belize receivership.
- Lenders in restructuring of public municipality agency.
- Two private companies in ongoing de-SPAC transactions.
- SK ecoplant Co. Ltd. in PIPE investment in U.S. listed company.
- SK ecoplant Co. Ltd. in joint venture with Korean financial institutions in investment in U.S. listed company.
- Alleviate Inc. in its raising of seed and preferred stock rounds.
- Company in its ongoing preferred stock capital raising.
- Joint venture partner in the formation of a joint venture and sale of oil and gas producing assets including the assumption by the joint venture partner of long-term midstream commitments.
- Joint venture partner in the formation of a new JV and analysis regarding it under its debt agreements.
- Sycamore Tree Capital Partners in its formation, initial funds, proprietary credit facility and related matters.
- Sycamore Tree Capital Solutions, LLC in its direct debt investments.
- Private equity firm in its equity capital raising and debt agreements for acquisition financing.
- Enascor Capital Management in two pending direct debt investments.
- Caisse de depot et placement due Quebec (CDPQ) in its direct debt investments.
- Investment Bank in its equity line financing programs for companies.
- MikroTraks in its phantom stock plan for executives.
- J.D., New York University School of Law, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor of the Annual Survey of American Law
- B.A., Haverford College, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Member, Board of Trustees, The Windward School
- Member, Executive Committee and Governance and Development Committees, The Windward School
- Co-Chair, Annual Fund Committee, The Dwight School