Phillip A. Geraci focused his practice on securities, derivatives, and commodities litigation, including defense of securities fraud class actions and shareholder derivative actions, representation of corporate clients in SEC investigations, takeover and proxy contest litigation, defense of commodities manipulation and fraud actions, and litigations involving limited partnerships and their sponsors. He tried cases involving securities, commodities, foreign exchange futures and options, derivatives, contracts, and trademarks.
Mr. Geraci represented numerous public companies and shareholder groups in tender offers, proxy contests, and other contests for corporate control, and frequently counseled clients on shareholder demands, potential shareholder derivative litigations, and matters relating to the disclosure obligations of the federal securities laws.
Mr. Geraci wrote on the subjects of securities class actions, damages, and hedge fund litigation, and has appeared on numerous panels and lectured on those and related topics.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1979, Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- BA, New York University, 1976, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Federal Bar Council