Drawing on his extensive experience in state and federal courts, bankruptcy courts, and appellate courts, Daniel Gilpin represents clients in commercial disputes, product liability litigation, internal investigations, and insolvency litigation.
Mr. Gilpin represents pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability actions of all sizes, from individual cases to MDL proceedings. He also represents debtors and creditors in contested bankruptcy matters, with an eye toward presenting the client's case in a holistic way that helps achieve their goals in the context of the entire bankruptcy proceeding.
Mr. Gilpin maintains an active pro bono practice that focuses on providing representation to those in need. He has represented indigent criminal defendants on appeal, disabled clients in securing plea bargains, and disabled clients seeking social security benefits. Most recently, he prevailed in a child abduction action under the Hague Convention, in which the court granted summary judgment in his client's favor and his client's daughter was returned after nearly 18 months apart.
Prior to rejoining the firm, Mr. Gilpin served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gary R. Brown of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York. While in law school, he served as a Notes and Comments Editor of the St. John's Law Review.
- A fuel testing and inspection company, in conducting an internal investigation and leading the company's defense to a federal investigation of past billing practice.
- Debtors in In re Borden Dairy Company, litigating the contested use of cash collateral and interpretation of the terms of a credit agreement.
- The controlling class of noteholders of Zohar III Corp. in bankruptcy-court litigation involving management and control of the Zohar fund.
- Boston Scientific Corporation, as national counsel, in litigation involving IVC filters.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, LLC in product liability litigation, including an MDL, involving TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) products.
- JD, St. John's University School of Law, 2017, cum laude
- BA, History with a Minor in Business Studies, Providence College, 2012
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York, The Honorable Gary R. Brown