William Godwin QC acts in complex, multi-jurisdictional and high-value disputes often with a cross-border element. He has substantial experience of a wide range of disputes in arbitration and English high court litigation including joint venture, shareholder, partnership, corporate acquisition, insurance, shipping, professional negligence and indemnity disputes. His practice also includes construction and technology disputes and he has particular expertise in FIDIC contracts. He has long experience of acting in China-related matters and has been described in The Legal 500 UK as having "established good credentials in the arbitration communities of China and Asia."
Mr. Godwin was appointed Queen's Counsel in 2017, an award made for excellence in advocacy in the higher courts in England. He is a member of several international arbitration panels and acts as adjudicator.
- BPhil, DPhil (PhD), Oriel College, Oxford University
- BA, University College London, first class
- Bar of England and Wales
- Board Member, Great Britain China Centre
- Arbitration Panel Member, China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission
- Arbitration Panel Member, Shanghai International Arbitration Center
- Arbitration Panel Member, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration
- Arbitration Panel Member, Chongqing Arbitration Commission
- Arbitration Panel Member, Dubai International Arbitration Centre
- Arbitration Panel Member, Mauritius MARC