Neil Goodman practices primarily in the areas of corporate, securities, and international financial transactions. His practice includes the representation of foreign, public, and private clients and multinational financial institutions as both borrowers and lenders in connection with US and international debt and equity transactions, including capital markets offerings, and private placements, and syndicated and trade finance lending operations, and project financings. Mr. Goodman has been involved in a number of complex out-of-court debt restructurings, including several of the largest sovereign debt restructurings, where he represented the Ministries of Finance and Central Banks of Venezuela, Brazil, and Panama. In addition, Mr. Goodman maintains an active domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions practice.
Mr. Goodman also has considerable experience in both in-court and out-of-court debt restructurings and other financial workout matters, including the representation of debtors and creditors in a number of large Chapter 11 proceedings. Mr. Goodman's extensive experience in corporate transactions and the securities laws has proven invaluable to debtors, creditors, investors, and other parties in large and complex Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Goodman served as a clerk for Judge Frank J. Battisti of the US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
- Lender in financing facility for the construction and leasing of residential solar electric systems secured by state tax credits.
- Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A., as borrower in connection with $1.5 billion structured financing and petroleum offtake facility with Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI), Insurance, Itochu Corporation, and Mitsubishi Corporation.
- Borrower in connection with the acquisition and secured financing of four AFRAMAX oil tankers with funding provided by Japan Bank for International Cooperation.
"Foreign Expert" – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity (USA) (2013-2017)
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1983
- AB, Brown University, 1979
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, Northern District of Ohio, The Honorable Frank J. Battisti