Sam Goodman advises clients on non-contentious intellectual property and commercial matters. His experience includes assisting clients with drafting and negotiating contracts for the commercialisation and protection of intellectual property and technology, as well as advising on related issues such as data protection and marketing/advertising.
Mr. Goodman acts for clients across a range of sectors and industries, including pharmaceutical, media, technology, and retail in relation to both technology-oriented and commercial contracts.
Besides his work in private practice, Mr. Goodman has spent time on secondment to Sanofi, where he supported the business on a variety of matters, including negotiating and drafting commercial agreements in relation to licensing, distribution, and software services arrangements. In addition, he advised on data protection and GDPR compliance issues.
- Global pharmaceutical company, in the negotiation of a manufacturing and supply agreement with a European manufacturer for the development and commercialization of the client's CAR T-cell therapies, a pioneering and innovative gene therapy treatment for cancer patients.
- Multinational tobacco company, in the negotiation of a licence and collaboration agreement relating to the development of a nicotine inhalation device.
- Leading electronics company, advising on its European data protection compliance programme.
- Global technology company, advising on the deployment of its voice-powered digital assistant technology and its interaction with third-party application programmes on mobile devices.
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, 2014
- LLB (Hons), Law (with Spanish), University of Sheffield, 2013
- England and Wales