Erica Guthrie's practice focuses on white collar defense and internal investigations for a variety of clients, including companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. Ms. Guthrie's white collar experience includes representing corporate clients in various phases of complex criminal and civil investigations.
Ms. Guthrie also has an active pro bono practice. Most recently she assisted with a discrimination suit before the US District Court for the District of Columbia. She also works with clients seeking to obtain legal permanent status under the Violence Against Women Act.
Ms. Guthrie graduated from American University, Washington College of Law, where she served as a member of American University Law Review, and interned with both the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Department of Justice's Financial Litigation Unit.
- Major pharmaceutical company in an industry-wide investigation brought by DOJ's Criminal Antitrust Division.
- National hospital system in the defense of fraud and abuse enforcement actions, including compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and the False Claims Act.
- Major pharmaceutical company in a state investigation regarding a variety of issues including false and misleading claims.
- Chemical manufacturer in criminal investigation brought by DOJ into alleged Clean Air Act violations.
- Major pharmaceutical company in internal investigation regarding sampling and promotional practices.
- Physician practice in DOJ investigation regarding Medicare billing practices.
- Executive of a global pharmaceutical manufacturer in an FCPA investigation by the DOJ and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 2012, cum laude
- BA, Colgate University, 2007, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia