Erica Guthrie's practice focuses on white collar defense and internal investigations for a variety of clients, including companies in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. Ms. Guthrie's white collar experience includes representing companies in various phases of complex criminal and civil investigations.
Ms. Guthrie maintains an active pro bono practice. Most recently she assisted with a discrimination suit before the US District Court for the District of Columbia. She also works with clients seeking to obtain legal permanent status under the Violence Against Women Act.
Ms. Guthrie graduated from American University, Washington College of Law, where she served as a member of American University Law Review, and interned with both the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection and the Department of Justice's Financial Litigation Unit.
- Major pharmaceutical manufacturer in federal and state actions related to marketing and sale of opioid products.
- Chemical manufacturer against claims related to various environmental regulations.
- Helicopter manufacturing company against claims of fraudulent inducement and breaches of express/implied warranties.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi as defense counsel in the Plavix product liability litigation.
- Insurance company in various coverage litigations.
- JD, American University, Washington College of Law, 2012, cum laude
- BA, Colgate University, 2007, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia