Kathy Harford (née Osgerby) supports the IP and technology practice. She has a particular focus on IP and technology disputes, with experience of patent and trade secrets actions in the English courts, opposition proceedings at the European Patent Office, and coordinating IP litigation in multiple jurisdictions across Europe.
Ms. Harford also supports the transactional IP team in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and advising on matters relating to data protection, advertising, and marketing and e-commerce. She has experience advising clients from a wide range of industry sectors including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biosciences, media and entertainment, publishing, and consumer goods.
Ms. Harford qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in September 2012 and is a qualified solicitor-advocate. Prior to studying law, she obtained a first class degree in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry from Durham University.
- Enzyme manufacturer in patent revocation proceedings before the Patents Court in England.
- Global media company on database and related rights in financial data.
- Fashion designer in trade mark, passing off and commercial dispute with fashion retailer.
- Medical device manufacturer in appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office.
- Educational publisher on a dispute relating to ownership of domain names and website content.
- Manufacturer of injectable pharmaceuticals in patent actions relating to biologics.
- Pharmaceutical company in patent actions relating to treatments for Alzheimer's disease and narcolepsy.
- Higher Courts Qualification (Civil Advocacy), The University of Law, 2016
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Oxford University, 2013, with distinction
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2010, with distinction
- Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law (Guildford), 2009, with distinction
- BSc, Durham University, 2008, First Class Honours
- England and Wales