Andrew Harris focuses on private equity and private M&A transactions. He has considerable experience in MBOs, MBIs, buy and builds, share and asset purchases, disposals/exits, joint ventures and restructurings. He acts for private equity houses, entrepreneurs/high net worth individuals, management teams, portfolio companies and other corporates.
Andrew is "highly rated" by Legal 500 and recognised as a leading practitioner in Chambers who comment that he receives "effusive praise for his "really good handle on the commercial side" and his deft touch in negotiations" and that he is able "make decisions quickly - in an industry that is so fast moving, this skill is of the essence."
- Acuity Investments on the acquisition from Pro Global Insurance Solutions plc of its outsourcing and consulting businesses.
- Acuity Investments on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Tower Leasing Limited, a leading equipment finance broker in the UK.
- Acuity Investments on its investment in Weston Insurance, a Miami based hurricane insurer.
- Bregal Capital on the reorganisation of Cognita, an international private schools group, and the investment in Cognita by funds managed by KKR.
- Bregal Capital on its disposal of MCi to Egeria for $240 million (selected by Buyouts Magazine as 2012 "European Deal of the Year").
- Bregal Capital in connection with the recommended acquisition by Canopius Group Limited of Omega Insurance Holdings Limited.
- Bregal Capital on the MBO of Ideal Stelrad for £230 million.
- Bregal Capital (then Englefield Capital) on its investment in the Danwood group and subsequent disposal of the Danwood Group Limited to Apogee Corporation Limited.
- Bregal Capital (then Englefield Capital) on the management buy-out, with Cognetas Capital, of Morrison Utility Services (part of Anglian Water Group) and the subsequent disposal with Motion Equity Partners of Morrison Utility Services.
- EMK Capital and Bregal Capital on the disposal of the QA Group, an IT training company, to CVC Capital Partners ($undisclosed).
- EMK Capital on the MBO of the Luminati business of Hola Networks Ltd. ($200 million)
- Founder shareholders on the sale of a 50% interest in Hastings Insurance Group to Goldman Sachs for $1.1 billion and on their involvement in the subsequent IPO for £1.1 billion.
- Bregal Capital in connection with the acquisition and subsequent reorganisation of FiveTen.
- Bregal Capital and Duke Street Capital on the acquisition and subsequent syndication of Cox Insurance Holdings plc.
- Bregal Capital (then Englefield Capital) on the management buy-out, with Electra Partners Europe, of Global Solutions Limited for £210 million.
"Leading Lawyer" – Private Equity (UK) (2016-2018)
- MA, Queens' College, University of Cambridge,
Hons, First Class
- England and Wales
- Member, The Law Society