Jane He represents corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in connection with white collar investigations, securities class actions, shareholder litigations, and commercial disputes.
Ms. He is also dedicated to pro bono work. She recently drafted a summary judgment motion involving challenging legal issues which resulted in the complete dismissal of tort claims brought against a mentally disabled individual and her family members. Other recent pro bono victories include securing Social Security benefits for a disabled client, suitable school placement and funding for a special needs student, the favorable settlement of a neglect proceeding on behalf of a victim of domestic violence, and name changes for numerous transgender clients. She has also successfully represented indigent defendants in state and federal criminal cases.
Ms. He graduated cum laude from Brooklyn Law School, where she served as a Notes & Comments Editor for the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law. She received her BA in Philosophy, with general honors, from the University of Chicago.
- Multinational financial institutions and their employees in investigations conducted by the DOJ, SEC, FINRA, and other state and federal regulators.
- Major financial services firm in connection with FCPA investigations.
- Global education provider and its current and former officers in a securities class action arising from agency investigations and proceedings concerning the advertising and marketing of student post-graduate performance, securing dismissal without prejudice.
- Leading aerospace company and its directors and officers in a securities class action, securing complete dismissal.
- Drybulk shipping company and its former directors in litigation arising from a controlling stockholder merger, defeating a preliminary injunction motion and securing complete dismissal.
- Family owned real estate business in proceedings involving dissolution, breach of fiduciary duty, and contract claims.
- Major publisher, telecommunications company, and pharmaceutical company in antitrust litigations.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2014, cum laude
- BA, University of Chicago, 2006, general honors
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York