Jane He represents corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in connection with white collar inquiries and investigations, securities class actions, corporate governance disputes, and complex commercial litigation.
Ms. He has represented clients at every stage of litigation, from pre-filing consultations through appeals. Her extensive experience includes drafting numerous pleadings, dispositive motions and appellate briefs, supervising discovery, taking and defending depositions, arguing motions, managing all aspects of trial preparation, examining a trial witness, representing clients in ADR proceedings, and negotiating settlements.
Ms. He is also dedicated to pro bono work. She recently obtained the complete dismissal of tort claims brought against a mentally disabled individual and her family members. Other pro bono victories include securing favorable pleas for indigent defendants in both state and federal criminal actions, Social Security benefits for a disabled client, the favorable settlement of a neglect proceeding on behalf of a victim of domestic violence, and name changes for numerous transgender clients.
Ms. He graduated cum laude from Brooklyn Law School, where she served as a Notes & Comments Editor for the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law. She received her BA in Philosophy, with general honors, from the University of Chicago.
- Multinational financial institutions and their employees in investigations conducted by the DOJ, SEC, FINRA, NY DFS, and other state and federal regulators.
- Major financial services firm in connection with FCPA investigations.
- Global education provider and its current and former officers in a securities class action arising from agency investigations and proceedings concerning the advertising and marketing of student post-graduate performance, securing complete dismissal.
- Leading aerospace company and its directors and officers in a securities class action, securing complete dismissal.
- IT consulting company and its directors in securities and corporate governance litigation relating to a proxy battle, securing favorable settlements.
- Drybulk shipping company and its former directors in litigation arising from a controlling stockholder merger, defeating a preliminary injunction motion and securing complete dismissal.
- Private equity firms in M&A disputes involving contract, indemnification, purchase price adjustment, and earn-out payment claims.
- Family owned real estate business in proceedings involving dissolution and breach of fiduciary duty, securing favorable settlement.
- Major publisher, telecommunications company, and pharmaceutical company in antitrust litigation.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2014, cum laude
- BA, University of Chicago, 2006, general honors
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York