Carol Anne Huff is co-head of the firm's Capital Markets Transactions practice. Ms. Huff focuses her practice on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on the representation of private equity firms and public companies in capital markets transactions and in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and restructurings.
Ms. Huff has deep experience in complex capital markets and restructuring transactions, including initial public offerings, transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), high-yield debt offerings, going-private transactions, tender offers, PIPE transactions, and spin-offs.
She has extensive experience counseling public companies with regard to securities regulations and other corporate matters, including SEC compliance, Exchange Act periodic reporting and disclosure issues, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, corporate governance best practices, fiduciary duty and special committee issues, stock option plans and Rule 144 issues, stock exchange requirements, and Section 16 matters.
Ms. Huff has also co-authored numerous articles, which have appeared in Insights: The Corporate and Securities Law Advisor, Law360, Practical Law The Journal and others, and is a frequent contributor to SPACInsider.
- Initial public offering of EVO Payments, Inc. (representation of Madison Dearborn Partners) and secondary offerings by Madison Dearborn Partners.
- Initial public offering of Rapid7, Inc. (representation of TCV) and secondary offerings by TCV.
- Lovell Minnick Partners in secondary offering of common stock of TriState Capital Holdings.
- Initial public offering of Smart Sand, Inc. (representation of Clearlake Capital Partners).
- Initial public offering of Stock Building Supply Holdings, Inc. and secondary offering by The Gores Group LLC.
- Initial public offering of Boise Cascade Company and secondary offerings by Madison Dearborn Partners.
- Offering by Waud Capital Partners of common stock of Acadia Healthcare Company, Inc.
- Initial public offering of Performant Financial Corp. (representation of Parthenon Capital Partners).
- Offerings by Madison Dearborn Partners of common stock of Sirona Dental Systems, Inc.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Valedictorian
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, The Honorable Joel Flaum
- Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School, "Capital Markets Transactions" Seminar (2017 and 2018)