Kathryn Hutchinson has experience working on a wide range of litigation matters, including complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, white collar defense, and corporate internal investigations.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Hutchinson clerked for the Honorable Reena Raggi of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and for the Honorable Sarah S. Vance, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Ms. Hutchinson graduated from the University of Texas School of Law, where she was the Executive Submissions Editor for the Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal. Ms. Hutchinson was a member of the Supreme Court Clinic, where she drafted certiorari petitions and merits briefs, and the Capital Punishment Clinic, where she represented individuals on Texas's death row. As a result of her work as a Teaching Assistant in Contracts and Criminal Law, Ms. Hutchinson was awarded a Texas Exes Teaching Award. Ms. Hutchinson also spent a summer as a law clerk at the United States Copyright Office.
- Corporation in litigation brought by plaintiffs alleging personal injury relating to exposure to radiation during operation of nuclear fuel fabrication facilities.
- Energy company in tort and permit enforcement suits brought by individuals and local governments alleging property damage due to coastal erosion.
- Multiple employees of a major corporation in an FCPA investigation.
- Individual and corporation in an SEC investigation.
- Note holder in breach of contract and accounting suit in New York state court.
- Multiple internal investigations relating to fraud and/or the FCPA.
- Financial institution in securing dismissal of attorney’s fees litigation.
- JD, University of Texas School of Law, 2011,
- BA, English, University of Texas at Austin, with Liberal Arts Honors
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- Legislative Staff Member, US Senate Judiciary Committee
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, The Honorable Reena Raggi
- US District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, Judge Sarah Vance