Kirk Jenkins brings a wealth of experience to his appellate practice, which focuses on antitrust and constitutional law, as well as products liability, RICO, price fixing, information sharing among competitors and class certification. In addition to handling appeals, he also regularly works with trial teams to ensure that important issues are properly presented and preserved for appellate review. Mr. Jenkins is a pioneer in the application of data analytics to appellate decisionmaking and writes two analytics blogs, the California Supreme Court Review and the Illinois Supreme Court Review, as well as regularly writing for various legal publications.
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies in securing complete affirmance by the Eleventh Circuit of a summary judgment in an insurer's favor on a recurring insurance coverage issue. Philada. Indem. Ins. Co. v. Sabal Ins. Grp. (11th Cir. 2019).
- DSWC, Inc. in affirming dismissal of putative class action alleging that discount price tags were false and deceptive under California law. Sperling v. DSWC, Inc. (9th Cir. 2017).
- Represented coalition of corporate amici in securing dismissal of employee's asbestos-related suit. Suit was barred by exclusivity provisions of Workers Compensation Act and Workers Occupational Disease Act. Folta v. Ferro Eng'g (Ill. 2015).
- AU Optronics Corp. in affirming holding that foreign companies' sale of allegedly price-fixed goods to plaintiff's foreign subsidiaries did not give rise to antitrust claim. Motorola Mobility LLC v. AU Optronics Corp. (7th Cir. 2015).
- JD, Harvard Law School, cum laude
- AB, Harvard University, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- US District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- Past President, California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- Elected Fellow, American Academy of Appellate Lawyers
- California State Chair, ABA's Council of Appellate Lawyers
- Elected Member, American Law Institute